DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am so shook up I can barely type. We were out on our a.m. walk when suddenly this dog got out of his yard and attacked JD. I had to drop his leash, he was trapped. JD put up a fight but he's handicapped by his ruptured disc, and he fell. The other dog was over him down on the ground, I was screaming and trying to kick the other dog, I don't even know exactly what happened, my brain just shut down and it's a blur, it all happened so fast, but the dog was off of him by the time the owners came out. I was mostly worried about JD's back and didn't even know he was bitten until we got home. He has a puncture wound with a tear under his eye (thank God he missed the eye itself) and a big scrape across the top of his head. We're just back from the ER. They cleaned it and gave me pain meds and antibiotics...just what he needs with his IBD. I may not give him the pain meds, but I have to give him the amoxicillin, which is certain to upset his stomach. And I have to apply warm compresses to the wound under his eye several times a day for a few days so it doesn't scab up too fast. I am so upset I'm shaking. That dog got out of that yard so fast and so easily, they may as well not even have had a fence. 

Going to pick up his amoxicillin now. Poor JD. 

Views: 3709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks again, Cyndi. 

Karen - Sorry to hear about this.  I just hope that JD (and you) are able to put this behind you quickly.  Please give JD a hug for us (humans) and licks from the doodles.  I have thought that an "AIR HORN" might help to diffuse this type of situation wothout any physical injury.

Again please give JD hugs.

(I haven't been on much lately - tax season and now some computer issues)

Thank you Andy. Hope things quiet down for you now! 

Oh no....how terribly scary for Jack and you. I am so sorry this happened to both of you and I hope the owners are paying for his care. Give him a kiss on his adorable nose from us and I hope the medicines do not make him sick and he will be feeling better soon.

Thank you, Laurie. 

Oh no!! I'm so sorry this happened.  Hugs to you and JD.  I hope the physical (and emotional) recovery is quick  =(

I haven't been on much...Lately I've just been skimming over the front page when I check in, but I hate to see a post like this.  This is always a fear in my mind when I walk our doods and I'm sorry you had to experience it firsthand.  

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!    

Thanks, L.M.! 

I am so sorry to hear of your and JD's trauma today. Sending all our best wishes for JD's swift recovery and a extra special hug for you. Janice and Wiggie

Thanks, Janice.

Thanks, Sandy. The owner actually left a check in my mailbox already.

You are so right, poor Jackdoodle just can't ever seem to catch a break. I'm going to go kiss him right now. :-)

Karen...I am so sorry to hear about JD and his being attacked.  Had that been me, I probably would have been the one with the bite because I would have been right in there in the middle of it all kicking the crap out of the other dog!  I am so aware of a dog approaching Gracie Doodle who would never even think to get into a confrontation unless they were trying to take away her tennis ball!  She ever has growled or snarled at another dog and so an "out of the blue" attack would have me right there in the middle.  Gracie has taken Tramadol  many times after any kind of injury or surgery.  We have never had a reaction to it at all.  Hopefully JD will not have a problem.  It is a good think the neighbor came forward.  There are not many "good neighbors" left any more IMO.  I can only imagine how you are feeling and know that I would feel the same way.  These are our babies!!!  Hope JD settles down and relaxes and has a good night's sleep as well as yourself.  Give him a big hug and kiss on the nose!

Thanks, Nancie. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service