DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Rosie is very mouthy does not discriminate as to what she puts in her mouth, so this time of year is scary, especially the mushrooms that are in our Lawn.  I take her out on the leash now so I can watch her and I try to pick them as much as possible, but yesterday I had a scare with her when she picked one up I thankfully caught her doing it right away and she dropped it...I do not know if they are the poisonus kind or not info on this is very confusing...I am going to a pet shop today and getting her a muzzle, I don't like doing this but it beats the alternative...has anyone else had experience with this kind of thing?  Any suggestions on getting her to stop putting anything and everything in her mouth would be most welcomed.  Thank you!

Views: 488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My two just devoured a whole new tube of dog toothpaste and a brand new toothbrush. Been finding bits and pieces all over. I can't leave anything out on the counters, even non food items. But neither of them eat the mushrooms in the yard! Go figure!

I think I would rather have Rosie eat toothpaste and brush instead of mushrooms...Murphy and Bella must have beautiful teeth!!!! LOL

Ha! Well they were going to if I kept brushing them. Now I have to order paste and brush again. Not sure a whole tube of enzyme toothpaste is very good for them either. But I agree, mushrooms scare me too. Keep up the good work tho.

The mushrooms I get in my lawn look like these.

Hi, Just joining in here. I thought I was the only one going through this problem. Every morning I am out in the yard picking up poop and looking for mushrooms. Last year they were out in October in a different area of the yard. Can't find any solution for getting rid of them, other than picking them out of the lawn early on before they "spawn?" my guy will eat everything and the "leave it" command works sometimes :-)

You are doing exactly what I do, I am going to try gating off an area for her "Hurry Up" area and that way it will be easier to keep it mushroom free.  I went online to try and find out about Mushroom types etc., and  it is very confusing, they say that Lawn Mushrooms can be non-toxic or they can be very toxic and the only real way to know is to take it to a University or somewhere to be tested...but I have more than one variety of mushroom in my lawn...also it is very dangerous for babies and todlers.

Hi Janice...I don't know if you are still following this post, but Karen had send me a link to Outfox Field Guard which I am now using on Rosie and it works!!!! and it is Easy!!!  Let me know if you are interested in more info on this.

Hi Cindy, AsI have just come in from my yard and picking my mushrooms for the afternoon :-( I am very interested in the Outfox Field Guard. I had thought by now the mushroom "bloom" would be over, but still finding them daily. Thanks for contacting me.

Hi Janice,  The Outfox field guard is a black mesh hat that you slip on them, it is not constricting in anyway and they can still drink water, bark, carry sticks, but they cannot eat anything bad!!!  Believe me if my Rosie will tolerate it then I thnk any dog will tolerate it.  At first she did the usual trying to get it off, but it didn't last long and now it is just a habit with her to have her hat put on before she goes outside.  I really encourage you to look into it...I told my vet about it and they were quite excited about it and they contacted the owners who make it and now they carry it in their pet store.  So here is the link:   www.outfoxfieldguard.com  let me know what happens!

Donna, that is a great picture!

There are some that look like this and then there is another kind that has more of a flat top than domed top and not as brown.   Great Picture!!!

I know for indoor stuff Bengay or something equally nasty tasting has worked for my doodles well more for Gab cause Cooper still steals throw pillows ever chance he gets. A yard leash and figuring out how far she can go on it then keeping that free of mushrooms might be less hassle than a muzzle

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service