DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So, as some of you may know I was supposed to get a puppy in 2 weeks, well unfortunately after the temperament testing went through, I was no matched with one, and now I am a little heartbroken...ok I'm really heartbroken, I'm pretty much was devastated. Anyway, my boyfriend and I just graduated college and are getting ready to start grad school in the fall, and were moving out of our place now. Due to this we are taking our dog and leaving her best friend (our roommate's dog) behind. Since we have the time now, we thought right now would be there perfect opportunity to have a puppy because by August he should be old enough to rome the house with our other goldendoodle. So after this long story, I am posting this for any breeders who have puppies available now. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of money, I just gave up a deposit, and Christmas definitely brought me down, so if your puppies are over $1500, then I really can't afford that... But please contact me if you do, I am completely heartbroken after getting my hopes up and getting ready for this new puppy only to find out... I will no longer be getting him :(

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amanda, I really feel for you and I know for myself, when I had my heart set on a goldendoodle, there was nothing that could subsitute for one. I had some similar requirements as we are active as well. Breeders are really great at defining the temperments and activity levels of their dogs, so maybe thru this site you will find just what you're looking for. I know April Cliber of Cliberdoodles just had a litter Dec.26th. So they'd go home Feb something. She picked my Murphy for me and matched his temperment really well to ours. ( Murphy is one yr old as of Dec. 18th.)
Good luck.
Oh by the way....why does it have to be a male puppy? Any particular reason? Both of my hubby's dogs are female and adore him...whereas "my" dog is the male. As far as bonding, gender really doesn't matter. Sometimes it's like chemistry between two people and certain people just end up great friends and it is not about gender.
Oh I have a female now and I love her but she bonded to me and not my boyfriend. So my boyfriend has this mind set that a male will bond to him. Trust me its dumb I know. I know that a female could bond to him just as much as a male could but my bf is stubborn... And its his dog so I don't have a say
Well...I guess if it's HIS dog...then let him do all the footwork. NOT that you shouldn't help ... but it sounds like you've invested so much of yourself into this search when it won't be technically YOUR dog but his (meeting his requirements/criteria)...is he working this hard to find this perfect dog?

Seriously if anything you can say that the opposite is true just like with kids he can have "Daddy's little girl" and you just as likely could get "Momma's boy" out of a male dog. It's a gamble either way. But if he invests time in training and lots of activities with the dog (just him and the dog) the dog will MOST LIKELY bond to him most. Training is an extremely bonding activity..like they say "A dog can't have more than one master" or something to that effect!
And is your bf prepared for the very distinct possibility that your girl dog will be the boss of his boy dog?
To use one of Cesar Millan's quotes "You may not always get the dog that you want but you always get the dog that you need". Good luck with your search. We didn't even know what we wanted in a dog when we got our GD; I do know we got the perfect addition to our family. Like most relatives though, she is not without her faults, we love her anyway. (She probably thinks the same way about us) LOL
I Know of a breeder that has puppies available now and they look like they would fit your criteria. Our Goldendoodle Thomas fits your criteria perfectly and he came from this breeder. The price is about 1500$ but it would be a long drive for you. Let me know if you are interested.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service