DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

looking for reputable mini goldendoodle breeder preferably in northeast

Has anyone had any experience with Lakeview Doodles in upstate New York? What about Liberty Pine Doodles in West Virginia? We are located in the New York area and are looking for a mini goldendoodle in the 25-30 pound range for pick-up in Mid-August early September. We would prefer to drive to pick up the puppy up to a 4 hour drive.. Does anyone have any criteria suggestions for selecting breeders, questions I should ask or things I should be wary of?

Thank you so much!

Views: 8637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Being a member of GANA or a similar organization is not something that I would view as a requirement for a breeder - it certainly is nice but GANA is very new and does not have many members yet. The important things are - health testing and gaurantee. I also like to know how the dogs are raised. Also ask about whether they are early spayed or neutered or when you have to have it done by. Make sure that you are comfortable with the method that is required - there are pros and cons to both. Also ask if they remove the declaws - I am against this practice but again decide for yourself. Some breeders have discussion forums, nice but not necessary.

Just so you know some of the "certifications" are not truly certifications but are paid advertising.

Good luck
Thanks for your perspective. These are great points!
I agree...being a member of a group doesn't PROVE a breeder's worth. Even the lists of breeders I recommend to people (as a start to get an idea of the potentially good breeders out there) isn't necessarily exhaustive nor proof of a breeder's worth. It always takes personal research and checking references...hopefully visiting the home and verifying things for oneself. I like the various 'lists' because they offer a starting point and some of their criteria are useful, but yeah...always look beyond certifications as they alone aren't sufficient.

On the other hand, I do like GANA's code of ethics. If all their breeders follow them, that's pretty cool.
We ask breeders to mention a few specifics about their program in their puppy ads here, but beyond that it's buyer beware.
I had a pup reserved from Lakeview a few years ago and it was supposed to be from Muffin--Beth was super nice and Muffin looked adorable. We were all set, but sadly, Muffin was not pregnant. Beth was very apologetic and returned my money immediately. I was impatient and got a different doodle that I adore, but a pup from Muffin would have been nice. Reading these emails about Lizzy proves I was right! Grab that "Muffin pup"!
Thanks for your response. We are on "Muffin Patrol" but still no pups!
I know, I talked to Beth today. It should be soon. :o)
go to the doodlesville website! they have amazing pups!! i have 2 from them. there is a group on dk where you can read about
owner recommened breeders.
You guys are making me sooooo "hungry", I want a "Muffin Pup" too!!! TeeHeeHee Good luck in your hunt
They truly are scrumptious!

The breefer I got my sweet Beau from is in Kentucky. I was so very impressed with Kathy Burgess at Doodlequest! Beau is just a gem.....the light of my life! I thank God every day for him, and also say a liittle prayer thanking Kathy, his Mom Rebekkah, and his Daddy Yankee. Beau is 24 pounds and is three years old. I was a veteran traveler before I got him.....now I go nowhere without him LOL.......if he can't go, I just don't need to go wherever it is! (I am kinda hungering for a trip tp Europe, but not if he can't go). He just this week performed an absolute miracle for his grandma....my Mom was rushed to the hospital with chest pains and has a history of heart attacks. Mom's "grandog" Beau was placed on the gurney with her, nuzzled up to her legs, placed his head on her knee, and her heartbeats immediately evened out! The doctor was astounded. Without any training, he was a fabulous therapy dog! I just cannot say enough to rave about the breeder: www.goldendoodle.net Kathy specializes in miniature goldendoodles.
Hi Ellen,

Thank you so much for the photos...Beau is stunning and the story of her theraputic magic is very moving! I also appreciate your recommendation. I hope you get to Europe..there has to be an international travel group w/dogs...if not you should start one! Hope your mom is well. All the best!

Betty
I know this reply is long past since the question was asked...but since Liberty Pines Doodles was specifically mentioned I thought I would reply.

I worked with Melisa of Liberty Pines Doodles in the beginning of my breeding career. I went to her home to pick up two dogs that became part of my breeding stock. (I hate that term "breeding stock" because it makes the dogs sound like merchandise....we love all of our dogs but that is the easiest term to use.) Her facilities are immacualte and she devotes all of her day to her dogs and puppies. All of her dogs are health tested. Her young daughter helps her....mostly in the loving department! She is honest and has the utmost integrity. I would not hesitate to reccomend her to anyone looking for a healthy, well socialized puppy!

Carol - Rainbows End Puppies

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service