DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Dexter was laying on his back with his legs stretched out and I noticed a small circular rash on the inside of his thigh as well as a (slightly smaller than pencil eraser sized) yellow lump nearby that seems to be pus filled.  Luckily we're headed to the vet tomorrow since he's getting neutered but I'm still freaking out a little bit right now.  Does anyone have any ideas what this might be??

Views: 387

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pictures would be good. But the best bet is to let the vet check it out.

It's so tricky to get a picture with all that fuzzy fur in the way!!  

Could be a mosquito bite with the crazy mild winter we are having here  in the Northeast--I see you live on Staten Island and it is warm, no? When my dogs have gotten mosquito or black fly bites, they got a circular rash that was redder at the edges and got pale in the middle.

It's been back and forth with the weather here, some days it's 50 degrees followed by one that's 29!!  Although I do think I've heard mosquito's are a problem in this area (I'm still sort of new here!)  This is going to sound ridiculous but do male dogs get chafing around "that" area?  We inspected him further and there seems to be (it almost looks like a yellow pus filled pimple) one in the same spot on each side of his inner thighs.  

I bet he just has a scrape or abrasion from playing and the yellow pussy lump could be an injury he got playing outside that didn't get cleaned out.  My Gracie Doodle is always jumping in and out of bushes and plants and her tummy gets pokes and scratches.  Since she is spread out every night with all four straight up I am able to give her a tummy inspection and then clean anything that looks dirty or angry.  I'm sure that is all it is but since it would be a slight infection with pus in it they will probably clean it out and possibly put Dexter on an antibiotic as a precaution.  Let us know what the Vet thinks.

It's most probably acne. My girl had this around 6-7 months old , just washed with medicated shampoo suggested by my vet.

Yes, probably just a pimple. BB had a few of them in his lower belly area. I wonder if it is just a very sensitive area... He doesn't have much hair down there, and often is succeptible to bugbites and other stuff without the protective tufts of hair!

Thank you everyone!  I just dropped him off and should be able to pick him up around 5 so I'll let you know what he says

Oh I'm hoping this is nothing serious.  I'll be checking in for an update later. 

Please keep us posted. Hope it's all ok.

Hope all is well! 

To me this sounds like an infection that might need meds to clear up.  My Clancy has had this and it started out as a small allergic reaction (contact) or irritation that became a bacterial infection.  Not a biggie overall, but needs meds.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service