DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

When I am on the couch I love to put the recliner end up and be comfy.  Meg likes that because then she lays down with her butt next to mine, back along my legs and her head resting on the foot rest when it is up.  I finished a movie and was ready to go to bed last night and shook her shoulder to get her up so we could go upstairs...she didn't move, so I picked up her head to tell her come on...she didn't move, thinking I was funny I let the foot rest down so her head would drop and wake her up...not only didn't move but the rest of her started sliding forward off the couch, I tried to grab her body to stop the fall and she was worse than an overcooked noodle, down she went and LAID THERE with her eyes closed, my heart stopped and just as I reached down to feel her chest (I honestly thought she had died) she opened her eyes and blinked at me like WHY DID YOU PUT ME ON THE FLOOR?  As soon as I stood up she did too and headed for the stairs...

Does anyone else have a doodle that sleeps that soundly?  I don't ever want that scare again.

Views: 365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chickens...now that IS funny.  Trust me, I would have rather had chickens out of me then thinking that horrid thought for that instant.

Very scary--only Mattie does this--she is like a ton of bricks once she gets comfy and has to be convinced to move...the other two jump right up at the slightest movement. Mattie gets up quickly in the AM but at that time, her motivation is BREAKFAST!

I had no idea a dog could sleep so soundly, I would have been scared too.  Camus wakes at the slightest movement or noise.

Glad that this story is a happy ending story. It was scary for you I'm sure. I'm glad that Meg is relaxed enough to sleep that deeply. Sweet dreams Meg !

I can certainly see why that would give you a good scare. I have to shake Quincy awake when I am ready to go bed, it's the only time I see him sleep that soundly. He trudges up the stairs, plops down like a bag of bones and goes right back to sleep.

OMD! My heart would have stopped too! She really is a SOUND sleeper! Once in a while it takes a bit to wake Tara up but nothing like this!

Wow!  Scary indeed.  Mine don't sleep that soundly either.  Although a pillow of mine fell on Rosco in the middle of the night and he didn't budge.

That is really scary. I can only imagine how your heart must have stopped. I am so glad she is ok and just a very sound sleeper. Lily Grace is always twisting and turning while asleep.

That would scare me too!!  Bodi doesn't sleep soundly at all.  I move and he is alert.  I sometimes wish he would sleep a little bit deeper!

I would have been scared, too. Vern barely sleeps and Fudge hates the sound of the recliner coming down, so I know she would have gotten up :) Glad Meg is fine.

I have a child that sleeps that soundly.  I actually kept a mirror by her bed so I could check for breath.  Lolli wakes up easily most of the time but she does snooze pretty hard at times and I have had to shake her awake.  Usually this only happens after a good training class or a visit to the dog friendly mall. 

Glad Meg is ok!!

How terrifying.... I have reclining furniture too... No matter where Shelby is - by my side - on her bed - across the room, she will wake at my slightest movement. I find myself playing a game where I try to get up without waking her.... I don't recall this ever happening!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service