DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Merciful heavens - what to do with a bouncy dog on a very rainy day!!

I usually walk Toby morning, noon, and night. Well, hubby does the night one, but that's three half hour walks a day. Today it is POURING. We cannot go for a walk. Toby is annoyed, mischievous, bouncy, irritated, etc. What on earth can I do with him? Again - my idea for an indoor dog park seems good..... :)

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Work on training him that will help tire him out. Play ball , brush him out,etc. ....good luck .
I walk with ours regardless of snow, rain, hail, wind as the alternative of a bored 7 month puppy at home seems unappealing. Give him a new bone, brush him, do some training and play hide and seek.!
I did venture out - he is 7 1/2 months as well, and it just wasn't worth not doing it! I gave him a new bully stick. Not interested. He hates playing ball - won't do it. Doesn't like balls in general. I'll try some training later.
Can you make a play date with another bouncy puppy???
Want company??? Just kidding. I do believe we are too far apart.... :) The sun is trying to come out, so we'll try for another walk this afternoon. Having to obey on the leash (walk with loose leash, sit at street crossings) makes him more tired than just walking, I think. He's sleeping now.
Too bad, my Kona would love to play :) Have a nice afternoon Sandy, he's storing up his energy LOL
Sandy, at some point we have to meet!! We can try the boys together and see if they like each other enough to play. That way we will both get some peace and quiet!!
True - if your yard is fenced, and my yard is fenced, we could trade off on play areas. :) We've kind of given up on our gardens anyway......Toby gets the zoomies, and there's no stopping him as he races through.
Who needs grass in the garden anyway?!!!
I hear ya!

I live in the Seattle area so, he gets a walk when it rains or we would never walk. However, there are times when he is plain stubborn or it's icy and dangerous (for me). On those days we do a ton of fetch indoors as well as mental stimulation/training.

I liked the idea of a puppy playdate!

~Danielle
It is a shame he doesn't like balls. We walk in all and every weather, but I do find a good game of indoor fetch tires them out when we have had to keep the walk shorter. Thank goodness the sun has now come out!!
i throw the ball down the steps and wear him out that way.over and over again.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service