DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I'm searching for a Mini Berendoodle can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thank you!

Views: 16825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you're not a snob, but you do know it all, and that's not a bad thing at all :)

Well you have certainly been a friend to me and I am glad you are a know-it-all knowledgeable friend to us here on DK : *) lol...  

:-)

I'm so used to Facebook, that I went looking for the "like" button.  Ha!

You need a permit to own this crossbreed in some countries because of its aggressiveness.   

Yep.

From Wikipedia:

In the United Kingdom, it is illegal to own a Dogo Argentino without lawful authority, under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991,[6] and dogs of the breed may be seized by the police.[7] The maximum penalty for illegal possession of a Dogo Argentino is a fine of £5,000 and/or up to six months' imprisonment.[6] Breed-specific legislation varies in the United States, with bans on the breed enacted in Aurora, Colorado and New York City public housing.[8][9] The Australian government has banned the importation of this dog.[10] The dog is also illegal in New Zealand,[11] Norway,[12] Denmark,[13] Iceland,|accessdate=2009-11-16}}</ref> Singapore,[14] and Ukraine.[

Yikes. YIKES.

Dogo Argentino sounds like a take on Rio Brazilero to me.  That is a breed and they are large dogs not without physical problems.

Wow!  I've never heard of that breed before.  Looks a lot like a pitbull to me.

This is all making me love my little breeder even more.  I won't mention the name, but Roscoe knows.  :-) 

When I saw that very long list of dogs and how many she keeps from her litters, I couldn't help but think "puppy mill".  Those little Bernedoodles look adorable and I'm sure she'll get lots of people willing to go for the cute factor, but I'd be very worried about their joint health!

We got Luna for $900 when we didn't know any better from a BYB - We've been very lucky Luna has very few health issues so far, but that price is CRAZY!  I've heard of GDs and LDs here going for $2000-2500 but never over $3000.  (I  live sort of near where that bernedoodle breeder is located and that price is absurd)

You are SO right about breeders only posting the best possible outcomes on their website.  Even though Luna's father consistently produces non-doodly looking doodles, I could only find one picture of a dog that looks like Luna on the breeder's site.  I also saw that Luna's mom had a litter in November, which would be 2.5 years after she had Luna :(

Leave it to our very own sleuth Karen to dig up the real dirt on these "breeders". When your instincts tell you there is something wrong about a breeder, you are usually right. So sad about Riley. It would only take one dog with those issues to discourage me from even considering buying a dog from her.

I saw the photo and thought the dog sure looked like a border collie to me.  Why would you want a Bernese Mtn. Dog mixed with a poodle?  And mini?  There is a breeder in Washington who is going to try mixing standard poodles with an Old English Sheepdog and I am watching to see what she gets, but Berendoodle?  Haven't heard of it.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service