DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have a almost 3 month old goldendoodle and he is 8.6 lbs. could he be a mini? The breeder said he came from the standard liter but she also had a mini liter. My husband didnt know what one he picked! But like I said, the breeder said he was a standard just a medium sized one. How big will he get?

Views: 589

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there much difference in their size/weight? I am hoping he'll stay small. The vet said take his weight at 2 months x 4, 3 months x 3 and 4 months x 2. He said that he uses that equation all the time and it's very accurate. In fact, maybe about 5 lbs off.

Cool- never heard of that 'formula' before. I read that you can guesstimate by adding parent's weights and dividing by 2. But I like your way better. Holmes' is almost 3 mos. old and 15 lbs. His mom was 60 lbs. and his dad was 50 lbs. I'm always trying to guess how big he'll be and what his fur will be like. 

OFF either way??

Cooper is a med. ALD - at 3 months he was about 18lbs and at 4 months he was 25lbs. 

Is a ALD and aussie labradoodle? And that's much bigger than what Luke is now!

It sounds like you have a mini to me. The formulas seem to be less accurate for the smaller doodles because they quit growing or slow way down around 6 months.

Peri was 16 pounds at 5.5 months old - she was spayed then, which is how I remember. She is a mini and is 25 pounds now at 4 years. I think you have mini.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service