DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Zoe joined my life almost a year ago, and its been an incredible journey.  I was not a 'dog person' before she arrived.  I chose a labradoodle because I hated the smell, the hair, and 'doggie' mindset and certainly did not intend to be one of 'those' obnoxious people who constantly talked about their dog.   Now I've moved to the other side.

She is my constant companion.  She usually sleeps on the floor beside me.  Occasionally she interrupts for 'love breaks' and sometimes she sends out alarms when there is something going on outside that I need to know about.  .

I wish everyone could bask in unconditional love and acceptance like Zoe gives me.  I know people would be happier and the world would be a less hostile place.  

I wish everyone could truly live in the moment -- forgetting about yesterday and not worrying about tomorrow.  Just celebrating the moment and rejoicing in tiny instances of pure joy.  Watching her wiggle and wag and get so excited about a cookie crumb is such a joy -- I definitely need to learn how to celebrate good things, no matter how small they are.

Zoe knows its OK to ask for attention, for love, and for a gentle stroke.  She recognizes when she needs attention and knows that sometimes I forget, but its OK to ask for what she needs.  I need to learn to do that.

Everyone Zoe meets is a friend (and a potential cookie).  She never starts out in fear or dread and gives each person the benefit of the doubt.  She assumes everyone is 'good' until they prove otherwise.   She is usually cautious...but has a basic premise that everything is going to be OK.    I need to learn how to do that.  I worry too much sometimes.

Zoe forgive me when I hurt her.  She knows how much I love her and that, if I caused her pain, it was a mistake and it was not my intention.  If I pull a hair ball to hard, or cut her toe nail too short she yelps...but immediately give me a kiss so I can forgive myself.

And, she is soft and snuggly and very compassionate.  A true love bug.  Sometime, thats all I need to make the day go better.

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beautifully said and also true of my doods--times three!!

I feel this way about my Bodi too!  It's a WONDERFUL feeling!

What a beautiful blog! My Zoe is the same way... So is my Ben :)

Welcome to the 'other side.' Those of us on that side have richer lives.  Dogs can teach us so much.  It is a privilege to own one and an honor to be so loved.

Nicely said.  We doodle owners are very fortunate!

What true and lovely thoughts.

Glad you've come over the the "need-dog" side of life. I always say there are like-dog people, want-dog people and need-dog people. My DD and I are in the need-dog category and wouldn't live any other way. DH has moved from like-dog to need-dog with the doodles!

You made me smile....and Daisy does the same for me.

We know exactly how you feel, Lanell.  Traz keeps us in the moment too.  We went to the beach today (Traz's 2nd time) and we had a great time watching him explore the sand, waves and different smells.  He would run to the water, dig a little bit and then run away when the water got too close.   A few times he was surprised by the wave when he was so busy digging that he didn't realize it was going to get him wet.  The surprised look and expression on his face was priceless.  He reminded us of the times when our boys were little and explored the beach for their first times.  We are so blessed to have been given this opportunity with our precious Traz.  He is 8 months old now and we know these curiosity times will end as he grows up.  In the meantime, we will enjoy every moment and experience with him.  Loving our Labradoodle :-)

How sweet Karen and sounds like your day at the beach was wonderful.  Doodles are the best:)

Our household went from: complete dislike and fear of dogs, to tolerating other people's dogs and avoiding all others, to meeting our daughters goldendoodle and learning more about what loving gentle being dogs can be, to thinking "I'd like to experience this at least once in my life" , to wanting a dog, to where we all are now.....needing a dog in our lives.
So DH and I have come a long way.
You have come a long way! And Bella wasn't that easy as a puppy if I recall. Yea doodles!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service