DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Finally a name that my family could agree on:  "Dougie" (Dug-e).  Now I can order a cute collar with his name on it:)))

UPDATE 2:  I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THE BREEDER, TODAY, CONFIRMING THAT THE CHOCOLATE BOY IS MINE!!  I believe that she saw the connection too and knew that he was my FAVORITE PUP :))))  I AM THRILLED, NOW WE NEED TO NAME HIM, LOL.  Thanks for all of the support and wonderful comments.  Side note:  Looks like we will be driving to get our pup after all.  USAirways pet carrier dimensions are too small--15L x 14W x 8H--no jets from Hartford Int'l to Philly Int'l, only small planes :(((  Well, I am sure that our pup will make the ride VERY interesting to say the least.

I am not yet home but I just had to give an update about my visit today...IT WAS PERFECT!!  (Except for the drive to MA--HORRIBLE.  The heavy rain caused flooding on the interstate that turned our 5 hr trip into an 8.5 hr trip.  Needless to say, my DH will be flying to MA to pick up our puppy)

I was able to cuddle/play with every single pup and we narrowed it down to 3-- (1) the male pup; (2) a curly black girl; and (3) a cute apricot/red girl.  We will know which pup is ours on Wednesday.  Names for a boy:  Dexter "Dex", Bodhi, Carter and Reuben.  Names for a girl:  Charlie, Frankie and Taylor.

If we could, we would take both parents, Paloma and Dashiell, home with us too.  They were so well mannered and mild tempered.  Dashielle gave me the biggest Doodle hug ever.  I didn't want to let him go :)))))).  My DH was extremely impressed with the parents and went outside to spend more time with them after the pups began to tire out.

Sunny, the breeder, was great.  She answered our questions regarding temperament, testing, etc. for an entire hour.  All of the pups were pooped out by the end of our visit; all, but one, had fallen asleep.  I sorta felt sorry for the next couple but I am sure that the puppies were able to find another burst of energy.  The male pup was soooo tired that two other pups were playing on top of the bed that he had fallen asleep under.  (I took photos of this, I hope that they aren't blurry).

I will post pics as soon as I get home--next 20 min or so.  However, I am not sure how  many of them are good.  Those pups were fast and would not hold still for more than a few seconds at a time.  I have so much respect for those of you who are able to post great pics of your Doodles.  Plus, I was busy hugging, kissing and falling in love...

Thanks for reading the book--pics are coming later tonight.

UPDATE 1:

Chocolate Male--Look at those eyes... and curly black female pup (My 1 & 2 picks)

Cuddle time with the male:

Playful black female pup--notice the pup sleeping beneath the pillow.

Curly Chocolate female

She is so mild mannered.

My son's 2d favorite, the apricot/red female pup.

The lovely cream pup...

Annoying the sleepy male pup--the first to conk out, LOL!!

Having fun on top of "sleepy head"

Mama Paloma & Papa Dashiell--Sunny said they are off to get hair cuts soon, LOL!!

Dashiell shook his head just as my DH snapped the photo...

Views: 2060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my goodness, Adrienne, they are all so adorable, but of course, the chocolate male is the cutest!!!  Way to go, mama!!!

Ha - you will SO enjoy those first few nights at home :)  But seriously, they weren't bad. Our boys settled down and slept all night after only about 3 weeks. I felt blessed.  Best of luck and love to you and your new boy.

Thx Joyce.  I hope that I get lucky in the sleep all night department.  I have my Snuggle Puppy on order just in case.

We took our snuggle puppy with us on the trip home. Worked like a charm, and Casey really did cuddle with him. When we went back to get Cody, we took Casey and Cody snuggled with him on the way home. Really helps to have something they can snuggle with.

OK - Now I have to give some name input here.  I like Spencer out of the ones you've mentioned.  However... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hershey!  You know, for chocolate! 

Hershey is on the list.  We'll see if it ends up on the chopping block tonight.  My list of 4 names is now 30 names long.  If they can't agree on a name from this list, then I just may call him "Starbuck" because I will need a lot of their coffee to keep myself from exploding.

We had a chocolate Lab named Hershey. Great name, but we found out there are a lot of chocolate dogs named Hershey :) I still LOVE that name. I do love Moose or Mousse. We go with food names. I remember our list. I had tons of names on it and when I said the name Fudge, my sister almost had a fit. Pick the name you like. I did and have never regretted it for one moment. I can't wait to see what you decide. When we got a rabbit, we all threw our names in a pot and my husband had thrown in Stew :) We settled on Brownie. LOL My DD put in Furry.

:) I like Hershey but going with the food theme:
Snickers, Oreo, Bosco, Chocolate Chip, O 'Henry ... LOL
Just what you don't need ...any more names! Starbucks is really cute!

I love Rolo...we are making it harder for Adrienne :)  We thought about Snickers, Chip...and had a cousin dog named Oreo :)  ROLO...I need a puppy now :)

It's ok,..She's not listening to us LOL I like Rolo...looks like you do need a puppy:) Finn's name right now is Mud Boy! Please stop raining!!!

Now I wish that I had looked on DK one last time before calling the family meeting.  I love Snickers, Bosco and Rolo.  Maybe I will hold off on ordering that name collar... :)))  I would probably have an "uprising" in my household.  It was like pulling teeth getting everyone to agree on Dougie.  I offered Doogie, as in Doogie Howser--I used to love that show--and they veto'd that  but loved Dougie.  I think they were just trying to drive me insane, LOL!!

Bosco is great for a chocolate dog. And names that end in "O" or "A" are great for all dogs. 

My stepdog was named Rollo...pronounced Rah-lo, not Row-lo. I love it. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service