DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi All, Been a while since I posted tho I do check in occasionally. Retirement has been very busy with home projects, traveling, fostering pups. My sweet Sophie has taken all this with grace and dignity as she always does.
I received a Les Pooches brush (love it!) for Christmas and while I was trying it out I discovered a growth under Sophie's chin. Long story short she is scheduled for surgery to remove it on Monday. Last night I found a second growth on her left leg. I let the vet know about this and they will check it out also on Monday. This is so frightening. In times of distress there are those who can be counted on for support and advice. I know this group will not only empathize but may also have some thoughts and recommendations on this situation. Thank you for listening.

Views: 614

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, my goldendoodle had some growths and I had them removed.  When they did the surgery for the first one, I had them also clean his teeth since he was out anyway.  He had such a tremendous reaction to the anesthesia, that is was more expensive to get the allergic reaction treated than it was for the surgery.  The next time he needed surgery, I asked the vet if she could do it with laser, and she did.  There are some photos on my photo page.  He was fine and came right home after surgery.  Did not seem to bother him at all.  So, my suggestion would be to have laser surgery if at all possible.  It did not bother my dog at all, but he was a very mellow dog.

Photo on page 2.  I think I deleted the rest of them.

My doodles have had growths too that turned out to be nothing--I hope you have the same experience.

The laser option was not even discussed?? I will ask. Thank you
Dogs get many being growths as they ge as we do. Until the lesions are examined you cannot know what they are and they may be nothing to worry about. Good luck.

Jack has also had a few growths removed from various parts of his body, and everything has turned out to be fine. I wish the same for Sophie. Try not to worry, I know it's easier said than done, but she will pick up on it. We'll be sending good thoughts. 

Valerie ~ I can imagine how worrisome this is. Sending positive thoughts your way and I hope the growths are just that and nothing more.  Will be looking for updates.  Hang in there!

Oops, forgot to say what a wonderful photo! 

Yes, this is a wonderful photo.

Lovely the picture of you and Sophie. I know you're going to worry all weekend (I would too), but rest assured that this will probably not be anything terrible. These things are almost always benign. Hang in there!

Sorry to hear about Sophie and hoping all will turn out ok.  Just wondering if the vet suggestedneedle aspiration before surgery?  Some growths are nothing but benign tumors or warts and unless they are bothersome, they can be left alone.  

I don't know anything about growth, but I hope that it is nothing to worry about like the others said.  I wish your doodle a speedy recovery after the surgery on Monday. :) 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service