DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello all!

I bring home my ball of fur, (an F1b goldendoodle female named Yuna) in two weeks. I couldn't be more excited and can't wait to share new pictures of her. I've waited a long time for her to come home! 

I do have a question:

Did anyone bring home a doodle who scored a few "6's" on the Volhard Aptitude Test? She scored mostly in the 3 and 4 range but had a few 6's. Has anyone had similar results and found the test to be accurate in terms of personality? I just want to prepare for an overly independent puppy. 

Thanks! 

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to DK. I am also new here and have an 11 week old F2 labradoodle. They are charming and yours looks so sweet.

I do not know anything about that test, but am now looking it up thanks to you. (:

Welcome to DK! She is adorable! 

I am not an expert on the test but I would guess that since she scored mostly in 3s and 4s she will be fairly well-rounded but given the 6s might have a few independent streaks. I would be diligent with obedience training from the beginning so you have a solid foundation as she matures. 

Thanks, that's good advice! I can't wait to bring her home :)

Welcome to DoodleKisses - the best website around for doodle lovers everywhere.  I have not heard of the Volhard Aptitude Test but it is great that your breeder is doing lots of testing.  I guess he (or she) is trying to match the dogs and their future families to the best of his/her ability and experience.  By the way, F1b goldendoodles are the best dogs around.  I had one who died of cancer in February and he was a marvelous dog.  They have the most wonderful coats and my dog never shed or matted.  How wonderful is that?

Welcome to DoodleKisses Alyssa & Yuna! I don't know about the test but Yuna is absolutely adorable! If you haven't checked it out yet, you should take a look at "The Food Group" and "The photography Group". You need to take lots of pictures of your little cutie!

I raise doodle puppies but do not use the test--the few times I have played around with it, I have found it to be pretty inaccurate and almost silly in my opinion--the puppies change so, so much as they mature--if people took a personality test at the age of 4 months, how accurate would it be? If your doodle took this test already, she must have been only 5 or 6 weeks old?Her eyes were only open for about 3 weeks!  I just don't buy it. But that is JUST ME!!

I think you should forget about the numbers and enjoy your puppy--you might be overthinking this--and it worries me that normal puppy things might worry you because of the "6's" you were told about--forget it! And congrats!!

Yeah, I was definitely beginning to over think that! I feel much more relaxed about it now! Thank you!

Congratulations and welcome to dk.Doodlekisses is a great place to learn/share about doodles. There are many groups that you can join. For example, there are groups for grooming, nutrition, health/medical, types of doodles, puppy groups etc. Enjoy! fall 2014
/p>

Welcome to DK. You'll find this group to be very passionate and knowledgeable about our doodles.
Enjoy your new puppy. :-)

I don't even know what the test is or what it means, but I do know if 6 is the worst score, my Fudge would get a six for high prey drive and far too independent for her own good :) That said, I wouldn't trade her for anything and she keeps me on my toes. Good luck. Enjoy your puppy!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service