Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My hubby just won't go for the doodle. 
It is just a lot of money for a dog that
Will most likely be to much for mr to handle
With my health issues. I am going to try real
Hard to get over my doodle envy.
We are going to a reputable breeder tomorrow
And will most likely, depends on how I do Allergy 
Wise, put a deposit on a 4 week old Havanese.

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh no :-( I'm sorry Jeri.
What about looking to rescue a small doodle breed, that way you wouldn't have to pay as much and it wouldn't get too big.
However, I will say Havanese are precious.

Havanese are wonderful dogs.  I have known many, and a good friend has three of them. I would venture to say that living with a Havanese will not be much different from living with a mini-doodle. And you have the added bonus of being absolutely guaranteed that the dog will not shed, ever, and there will be no "coat changes" or other unknowns about the dog's adult size, weight, or appearance. Havanese also live very long lifespans.

I hope you will have much joy with your new puppy and not be disappointed or envious because he/she is not a "doodle". There is good and bad in every breed or mix, doodles are not all perfect, or any better pets than many other kinds of dogs. It's what works best for your situation and lifestyle.

I agree with this, 100 percent. Havanese are great dogs. Your puppy will be great, I know you will love him/her!
I have a good friend that has a wonderful, sweet, adorable Havanese.  I can't wait to see who you get to bring home.  I have all the confindence that you will love this little pup as much as any doodle you could have gotten :)  Like Karen said, for sure no shedding and coat change, and their temperaments are supposed to be so wonderful. 
I was in love with a little havanese puppy on the internet which is what resulted in DH finally convincing me to go bigger and thus Lucy and Sophie!  From a little Havanese to 130 lbs of Doodles ....... what a stretch that was.  Best wishes, I hope it all works out for the best.

I am so sorry about that Jeri:( What about a mini doodle? Maybe a Coton De Tulear look kind of like doodles. Here is a link for them

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/cotondetulearphotos.htm

Taylor, these dogs are just so freakin adorable, I have not heard of them before.
hahaha:) I haven't heard of them either until my sister and dad met one out side a store in the parking lot:)
So sorry Jeri but Havanese are wonderful little dogs. And like everyone has said no surprises. I've actually been thinking about getting a havanese too. Please let us know what happens.
I think the Havanese is a perfect breed for you and you will end up loving him/her!  I for one am a big fan of these little breeds - I have a chihuahua after all!  I would definitely consider a havanese for my next lap dog :)
I have two friends with Havanese and they love them to pieces--I saw one just today in a store and he was adorable! i think you are doing the right thing. Doodle coats are not predictable allergy-wise and they can get bigger then the breeder expects them to--go for the sure thing since that is important in your case.
We met a Havanese that was a total mini me for Quincy. Just think of him as a really mini doodle.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service