DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I just read this on AOL. It is being rehomed from the breeder.

http://news.aol.com/article/white-house-dog/423774?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fwhite-house-dog%2F423774

Views: 67

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

All should go in there and vote and give him a big thumbs down, only reason why they are going with this dog is because of Ted Kennedy and the family...lol. That dog they are getting probably is not a rehome, probably one the breeder kept behind just for Obama and his kids, and wouldnt put it past them since it has to do with the Kennedy's. Just my opinion cause I am not a big fan of Ted, and Chappaquida.
Great!.....Let the PWD people worry about the mills pumping them out...Better a PWD than a Doodle.....
Jacquie - Those were my thoughts, also.
I agree with Jacquie. The hype with the Obama dog is going to create bigger issues with the puppy mills because everyone will now want a PWD. And how many will end up in shelters...
Jacquie, I agree.... This puppy is their family pet and they have a right to pick the breed they feel is best for them. I am happy that girls got their puppy...
Oh well, the PWD is a great dog though. I was considering getting a PWD puppy because a neighbour of my sisters has one and it is very smart and well behaved. I chose my Golden Doodle, Thomas after doing all of the research. I decided I did not want another purebred dog. I am disappointed though because I've been telling everyone that asks about our dog here in Canada that the Obama's will be getting one. I would also bet that the breeder has been holding onto this dog for awhile for the first family until things settled down. It will be interesting to see how old it is. Rehomed? Not too sure about that.
My friend has 2 PWDs. She said this definitely isn't a "rehome" probably sent to someone to raise for a few months. She also said it was a result of Ted Kennedy. She said PETA was looking everywhere for a PWD puppy.
Personally, I think that Obama shouldn't be allowed to have a dog. I feel terrible that his daughters were not allowed to pick their own dog and that it became a political issue. It also says a lot about him that he made them wait this long. 4 mos is an awfully long time to kids.
Thanks for sharing.
The Washington Post article this morning has a couple of pics of Bo the Portie....such a little cutie!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/11/AR2...
He is adorable! I am happy to see that the girls FINALLY got their dog. I couldn't have waited as long as they did for a puppy.

I wish though that the Whte House would call it what it is. The pup might have been a he-home, but I highly doubt it. It has been at a trainers for months learning manners and housebreaking.Why try to fool the public? It is not like any of us possibly expect the President of the U. S to get up at 4 am and take a 8 week old puppy out for a walk.
Well...the Obama's had the best of intentions when it was announced that they were looking for a rescue pup, but given Mahlia's allergies their high profile, and the fact that this is their first dog, it really didn't make sense for them to go that route......I for one am glad that they decided to get a dog from a reputable breeder....By doing so they are also setting a good example....
I so agree with you on this one. I bought my dog from a good breeder and am very happy. I'm not good at dealing with "issues" that many shelter dogs have and I don't think the President of the United States needs to deal with that either - lets hope he has much more important things on his mind. I understand the dog has been in training which will also help them so much. Nothing wrong with any of that. I'm happy for the girls. They will love this dog I'm sure - it such a cutie and they have a large enough staff to help get that dog the best of exercise and trianing. Congratulations girls.

My concern is that everyone now considering getting one does really need to do their research and realize that this is a dog from the "working" group. It needs to work. It is not for the family that is gone 8-10 hours a day. I think the media is doing a pretty good job of trying to stress that.

I'm glad they didn't get a doodle. My friends black doodle really looks exactly like a PWD.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service