DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Does anyone have information regarding the following breeder?  I hate to make another almost 8 hour round trip to discover that this is not a reputable breeder.
Pin Oak Farms, Pennsylvania

Views: 1645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't believe how some people resurface like decomposing corpses. Tell her my check is in the mail--it seems like such a good deal--ha!
The best breeders from both doodles and pure breeds ALL do full health testing. The only way I wouldn't care about hip testing is if the dogs being bred were at middle aged and had no signs of hip problems...but...that's not likely.

It is true that you can't guarantee that two parents with excellent hips will never produce a dysplastic pup...but it does reduce the chances.
This dog is also guaranteed to be free of any congenital or hereditary condition for thirty days from the date of sale.

That is not a guarantee - should be a minimum of 2 years.
Just looking through their website, I noticed that they have 12 females and 5 males. To me, that itself tells that it is more like a factory / puppy mill operation. How can you take a really good care of 17 dogs and their puppies?
Great point. What is the average? Thanks.
It is hard to give an average since many breeders use guardian homes. The dogs live in what will be their permanent home and only go to the breeders to breed, or go elsewhere to breed. The females usually go to the breeder to whelp and raise the pups. I think, even if you do not plan to use some of the reputable breeders in the Owner recommended group, you might do well to read some of the web sites. these breeders have all been visited and recommended by a DK member(s) and vetted by Kendra Vestal , herself a breeder.
There really isn't one, it varies greatly... I look at how many litters they have at a time. Can a breeder properly socialize 5 litters of pups at one time? I don't think so, unless they have full time staff...

You need to decide what's important to you.

Do you think the parents of your pup should be pets first and foremost, live in the house and get lots of attention? To some people that is not important, to others it is a must.

Do you want your pup to be handled a lot and grow up in a stimulating atmosphere?

Would you rather your pup be raised in a house or is a kennel OK?

Do you want a full 2 year guarantee or are you OK with just a week guarantee?

The answers will be different for everyone, that's why there are a variety of breeders. Some things, such as kennels are "grey" area's and each breeder needs to follow their gut. I personally feel that breeding dogs deserve as good a life as their pups will have. I'm not a fan of kennels. However, I know several good breeders that run very clean kennels, their dogs needs are met and their kennels are more like homes. I've also been to some "homes" of breeders that smell like a barn and the dogs are filthy. If you can't visit the breeder, talk to people that have visited.

I know doodles are expensive, but once you pass the $1200 threshold, you might as well pay a few hundred more for a pup from fully tested parents and get a good guarantee.

I'm not sure I can post this, so Adina and Karen go ahead and yell at me if I'm breaking a rule.... Have you looked at the breeders on the GANA website? Each breeder, their website, their guarantee and all health testing have been verified and approved. You do still have to ask questions and research, but it is a good place to find a quality breeder.

http://goldendoodleassociation.com/dogtrack/guest/memberbreeders.aspx
We list GANA's breeder list in our What To Look for In a Breeder article...so it's covered and I don't care that you added it here. But we do list GANA's list as a place to look in our article.
Oh wow! I didn't realize that! Thanks :o) It's been a while since I've read the article.
I can't answer your question about this breeder from experience, but I would say find a breeder who fits the criteria in the article we have on What to Look for In a Breeder. If this breeder does...great. If not...then go somewhere else.
Do you think about adopting one? You are not too far from Montclair NJ. where DRC is....
Yes, I did think about adopting one and I actually completed an application, but I did this before I actually started researching. I now think that it takes someone with at least some experience in raising dogs to adopt a young dog or puppy that may very well have health or behavior issues.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service