DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi there.. has anyone had their Doodle's nose peel along the bridge... Cagney is a pale colored dog so I could see dark flakes coming off his nose into his hair... It was black all the way along the bridge of his nose and now it is just pink... it has flaked away.. has anyone noticed this with their Doodle's? Seems like he was losing his sun tan LOL!

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My German Shepherd-Golden Retriever-Wolf hybrid had what seems to be a similar condition. It was diagnosed as canine lupus (commonly known as collie nose) which is a condition that impacts some long nosed dogs; especially those who have spent a lot of time in the sun.

Hopefully, it is not Canine Lupus, but it might be worth checking with your vet. The treatment was pretty simple, I broke a capsule of vitimin A and rubbed the oil on her nose once daily. That's all there was to it. Apparentlycanine lupus is not as serious as the human variety.
Thanks for you tips! I am sure all is well with Cagney.. I am not a vet but it all looks fine... no crusting etc. I think I may want to put sun tan lotion on his nose in the future... they suggest doing that for dogs when they spend a lot of time outdoors... I will ask the vet at his next check up... right now all the flaking is gone and he looks just fine.. I really do appreciate your input and everyone else's as well...
Interesting...but never heard of it. I have heard of dogs and known some that get sunburned on the bridge of their noses. Keep us informed as to what the Vet says if it is not what Richard suggested.
Daisy's nose used to be all brown now along the edge it is more pink than brown...I never noticed any peeling but some of her siblings noses are just pink.
I have never heard of this, Have you taken Cagney to the vet. What do they say?? Let us know.
His nose looks perfectly fine.. it seems like it was just like a sun tan peeling... it looks perfect now... I will ask the vet at his next check up.. he looks great.... after spending soooo much time outdoors I would not be surprised if it is something they get as a way of protecting their skin from the sun.... I will let you know down the road ....thanks
We had a Golden with Lupus. We never found a remedy. Wish we had known about the vitamin A. But then we didn't know about doodlekisses until shortly before he went passed away. He had it for many, many years and it didn't seem to bother him.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service