DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Places that are "doodle" friendly ~ stores, restaurants, etc...... Let's make a list!

Recently I found out that there are places that you can take your doodle that I never would have expected.  Awhile back we were at Cabela's in West Virginia and they have a boarding/doggie daycare for customers that are shopping.  Just a few weeks ago we were out of town and going to Bass Pro Shops in Toledo, Ohio I really didn't want to leave Hunter in our camper while we were gone but I get nervous leaving her in the car that someone would steal her.  I called Bass Pro and asked if maybe they had the same kennel area like Cabela's and I was shocked that they allowed dogs to shop with you in the store.  WOW  it was a great shopping trip, I wasn't board out of my mind walking around with my husband looking at camping, hunting and whatever else.  I got to walk Hunter around :-)

All of this got me thinking there have to be many more stores and even restaurants that allow dogs to come in.  So how about we make a list of any local or national store, etc.  that allows to bring our doodles in.

Views: 592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In Austin: The Container Store, Academy on S. Brodie, Home Depot, Lowes, most plant nurseries, Hill Country Paints. I will update more as I remember them.
Also, Wells Fargo on 38th/35th st cutoff.
We have a second home in Carmel, CA and the whole town is one of the most dog-friendly places. If you ever decide to visit the west coast with your doodle that is the place to go. The beach is even a big "dog park"! I feel sorry for the people who decide to lay out there and a pack of dogs decide to romp around them. Most all the stores, outdoor restaurants and even some art museums have allowed Yankee to come in.
You can also take them into " Lowes and Home Depot "
We take CeeGee into a lot of stores here in Great Falls and around Montana. Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware and ProBuild; Scheels and Big Bear (sporting goods stores); our local farm and ranch stores also allow dogs. We've also had that nice experience at Cabellas and Bass Pro. We stopped in the Cabellas store in Post Falls Idaho in the heat of the summer and were pleased to know that they had an indoor kennel with crates on wheels and you just check them in like coats at the coat check and when you're done shopping, you check 'em back out. We've been taking the dood into the stores since she was little just to socialize her with lots of people and crowds and now that she's been through obedience (basic and intermediate and basic and intermediate agility) I am SOOOOO proud of her at how well she does with lots of people and lots of distractions.
Wanted to let you all know that Loews Resorts LOVE dogs and our doodle Barney has enjoyed the GREAT LOEWS in Henderson, NV three times now. Our other dog, Mille, our beloved cocker Spaniel also REALLy enjoyed Loews on Cornado Island, Ca several times. Mabes Reichert
I live in Knoxville, TN and our Lowe's store doesn't allow dogs. We have several local rest. that allow dogs on patios, but I don't know of any chains!?!?!
bass pro shops will alow them up by the 416? is it. Used to live in kingston and lenoir city. Just gotta hunt and peck for them. The home depot in LC used to as well as the one on 11 near the old dollar theater and Romans pizzeria...The best thing to real pizza in the Knoxville area.....Now my mouth is watering. I used to be able to take my toy poodle into Walmart. Then a bad dog owner fixed that. Check out the book stores too, some of them let them in. Just call before you go! You'll be surprised how many will!
In Boston, Saks, Lord & Taylor's and Nordstrom's are all dog friendly. The Apple Store on Boyston Street in Boston is also dog friendly. Liberty Hotel in Boston has doggy get togethers from 5:30-7:30 after work on Wednesday evenings and dogs are allowed into the bar area on the 2nd floor anytime.
Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH), which has lots of locations is California, is doggie friendly (not our local Home Depot, so I go to OSH). Also, Borders Books is happy to have your pooch (as long as you keep him/her away from the coffee bar), but Barnes and Noble does not allow dogs - so guess where I shop? Chicos is great for dogs, and the sales staff always fuss over my Ditto. My experience is that most chains are a no-go, whereas many locally owned places are more friendly.
Lisa and Ditto in San Jose, CA
I live in south Jersey and don't know of a store, other than pet stores, that allow dogs. When I lived in California I could take them many places, including beaches. It was great. We stayed at the Taos Inn in Taos, NM a few years ago and there were lots of dogs enjoying the bar area and live bands. It was great. I understand that there are people with dog allergies, and I would never wish to infringe on their rights. On the other hand, I'm suspicous of people who don't like dogs, unless the dogs affect their health. My dogs don't understand why they are not welcome everywhere they would like to go.
"I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs"
Me too! Even if dogs do affect their health! They don't have to live with them, but they could still like them!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service