DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

For some reason Im having trouble changing my profile picture...I've taken and posted some new ADORABLE pictures of Lola..if I say so myself...and would like to update my profile picture...not that the one I have isn't tooo cute, but Lola's much bigger now!!!

What am I doing wrong???

Views: 703

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Nancy! I thought it had worked for you.

Try this:

1) Go to your page and hover over your profile picture. Select "Change Photo."

2) At the top of the new page ("My Settings") select "Choose File." Your photo library will pop up.  

3) Make sure the picture you pick is in .GIF, .JPG or .PNG format. If it is not in the correct format you can right click the thumbnail and select "Edit." You will be taken to the Paint program and you can save it in the correct file format from there.

4) Make sure the picture is no larger than 10 MB

[you can find out all of this information by browsing your images in your pictures folder on your computer. Just click the thumbnail of the picture and information should pop up at the bottom of the window]

5) Once all the criteria has been met, click on your picture and select the option "Open" from your photo library pop up.

6) Doodle Kisses will now upload your photo into a pop up window on your web browser and you can adjust the position of the thumbnail you want on the picture you chose.

7) Once it is the way you like it, select "Save" on the current pop up window. 

Then you should be home free.

Tried all that again and again, tried with GIF, JPG and PNG. Tried all different browsers, and tried loading it to the desktop first. Nothing happened. I give up for now.

Hmm. Same picture. Uploaded to facebook. Saved from facebook. That worked.

Try e-mailing it to yourself and saving it under a different file type. That should work as well if you don't want the picture on Facebook.

Glad you were able to change it though. (: Cute picture.

Thank you!

Glad you got something to work.  I will report this to Adina also, so that her techs can use it for clues as to what is wrong.

Thanks, Nancy! It's still weird as it has worked before without any problem.

I was going to say...

When I joined, I don't think I had to go through all the steps I laid out. 

I have always just switched pictures with ease, but I still can't  change.  It is a good think that I like what I have and it is a general picture. I guess it can stay forever!

Does anybody know if this problem is going to be resolved? I, too, can't change my profile picture. I have tried all of the suggestions that were mentioned. The photo I want in my profile is the correct format and size. Whenever I try to upload it into the profile section, it looks like it is working and then I get a message "no file selected." Help?

I thought this had been resolved. I just experimented and changed my profile picture.

Here are Adina's directions:

Try this:

1) Go to your page and hover over your profile picture. Select "Change Photo."

2) At the top of the new page ("My Settings") select "Choose File." Your photo library will pop up.  

3) Make sure the picture you pick is in .GIF, .JPG or .PNG format. If it is not in the correct format you can right click the thumbnail and select "Edit." You will be taken to the Paint program and you can save it in the correct file format from there.

4) Make sure the picture is no larger than 10 MB

[you can find out all of this information by browsing your images in your pictures folder on your computer. Just click the thumbnail of the picture and information should pop up at the bottom of the window]

5) Once all the criteria has been met, click on your picture and select the option "Open" from your photo library pop up.

6) Doodle Kisses will now upload your photo into a pop up window on your web browser and you can adjust the position of the thumbnail you want on the picture you chose.

7) Once it is the way you like it, select "Save" on the current pop up window. 

My notes:

Load from your computer rather than a phone or a tablet.   #3 - Your picture cannot be TIF.    #4 - The file cannot be too big.   When I was having the most problems, I was able to take a picture to Blingee and 'decorate' it and save it and then upload it as a profile pic.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service