DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Our Goldendoodle is 4 months old.  When will he have his adult coat?  How will we know when his puppy coat is gone?   We can't wait to see what his coat will look like!   Thanks.

Views: 553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most dogs lose their puppy coats towards the end of their first year give or take a few months--it is very variable. If he doesn't shed he will start to mat and you have to comb or brush his puppy coat out over the course of a few months. Some dogs do this more than once. Lots of good information in the Grooming Group. Also, this is posted under tech Help and it really should be under Discussing Doodley Things.
Fixed the categorization.
Thanks! I'm a newbie and don't quite know how this works. Gayl
Not a big deal...you just chose the wrong category when writing your post. Instead of choosing 'Discussing Doodley Things' (for any discussions or questions related to doodles or your doodle) you chose 'How To/Navigations Questions) for questions about this site (technical website questions).
Our guy is now 16 mths old. He started to get his adult coat at about 7 mths. and we got lucky-he does not shed and does not matt easily. You will know when he is getting his adult coat, the hair is coarser, at least it was for us.
Very, very cute doodle! Tell me about him. Is he a golden or a lab? What generation? We're trying to figure out what our guy will look like. He's an F1 Goldendoodle. Thanks. Gayl
Do you have a photo of him?
Any predictions re: his adult coat? He's 4 months old. F1 Goldendoodle.
Attachments:
Sorry for the delay. Thomas is an F1 Goldendoodle too. He is 16 mths old and weighs 86 lbs. AND he is the best dog! (even though I posted several discussions about his puppy biting a yr or so ago)
I remember that cause I was going threw the same! Sure glad thats over im notsure what cheech weighs I say around 50 I will let you know.So glad all is well im thinking of maybe getting 1 more!!! Nuts right there so cute I love them all!!! Im addicted to this type of dog!!!!Keep in touch!
Peri is almost 11 months old and seems to be getting her adult coat. I posted a photo in the grooming group and it looks like it is categorized as "fleece". Peri is an f1 and does not shed 99% of the time. I will find a hair or two after a big grooming or something....
Check out my photos and our recent discussion in the Grooming Group: http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/doodlegrooming/forum/topics/pleas...

I would upload my photos on here but it is taking sooooo long. Also, I think your guy has a different looking coat at this point in his life.
I raised my son's goldendoodle until he was 5 1/2 months old and his coat looked very much like your dog's. Does the hair on his back feel different, more coarse or thicker waves? Here is a pic of Noonan at around 4 months and a recent pic of him at 11 months.

cS7spyKvTb/100_1929.JPG?width=721" alt=""/>

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service