DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

When do pups start to lose their baby teeth? Sadies' have spread out quite a bit (front top and bottom) but, everything seems intact.

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Puppies start losing their baby teeth around 4 months of age. With Koda, I noticed he wasn't as into eating his dry food as he used to be and I found a couple of baby teeth laying around, but at that point he had already lost most of his teeth. Dogs are really inconspicuous about losing teeth and you generally can't even tell that it is even going on based on your dogs behavior.

Hope that helps a little! :)
I don't recall exactly, but you'll probably find a lost tooth hear and there...soon!
They also swallow the baby teeth. Sometimes you may just see a drop of blood in their mouth.
My Doodle; "Dandy" is just past 5 months old and seems to have just lost the last couple of his baby teeth . The last couple to go were his eye teeth. It just so happens that we were right there when they fell out so we have them. One fell out on the bed on the white sheets in a hotel room at Christmas while he was chewing on Mr. Red Dog and the other the next morning in the snow just outside the room in the courtyard so I saw it because of the blood on it in the snow. That's the first time that I've ever ended up with any puppy teeth. I've never seen them fall out before with any of my other dogs so it was kind of remarkable and I'm saving them of course for what exactly...I don't know .
Paula in cold Sault Ste. Marie ON Canada P.S. the teeth actually fell out in Brantford ON... we were visiting in PARIS ON for 5 days during Christmas til the 28th of December which happened to be my Birhtday. We drove home that day.
But, before we left Southern Ontario my sister and my husband surprised me with a 11 week old Standard Poodle male Puppy. I haven't mentioned it on ,my profile yet because I don't exactly know how to tell the "DOODLE" people that I have a Standard Poodle puppy. They did this because my little dog died accidently on November 3 and they knew that I had always wanted a Standard Poodle. My Doodle likes him alot as do I but he's a Poodle not a Doodle. Yikes, my life has sure been taking some pretty absurd twists and turns in the past 5 months!
Hi Paula,
I was just reading your post about your new Poodle Puppy - congratulations! You must be excited and exhausted! You should absolutely introduce you new baby to the Doodle family! In the few months I have been involved with this group I have seen an outpuring of support and positive encouragement. Human-Children these days live in all sorts of situations such as divorced households, with step-siblings, with grandparents etc....it would be absurd to think our dogs would all have to belong to the same breed....welcome Standard Poodle!! And I am terribly sorry to hear of your little dog's fatal accident in November.
My Kensi didn't finish losing all her baby teeth until age 6mo. In fact, the vet recommended waiting to spay her until she was 6mo due to the fact she hadn't lost all her baby teeth yet. If they haven't fallen out by around 6mo they most likely won't fall out naturally. If you spay them when they still have baby teeth they likely will not fall out naturally and will need to be removed. The vet will just pull them when your pup gets fixed. Hope that helps!
Taffy is just over 4months old and she lost at least six so far. We only found two of them, I assume she swallowed the rest. In fact she has one that is bleeding a little tonight. I put a wet cloth in the freezer and give them to her, she thinks they are great and I think it helps her feel better.
Linda - Jennings' were at about 5 months, and as I remember, it seemed to be all over the course of just a few days. I didn't notice it at first, but then I saw blood on his favorite toy, and I think he swallowed all but one tooth.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service