DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Many times on DoodleKisses we make friends and then they are on here less and less and we wonder where they went or what happened to them.  One of the DK members I had the good fortune to meet because my daughter somehow ended up living in the same town was Pat (and Traveler).  We had the best time and laughed like old friends.  My daughter, who teases me all the time that DK is a cult, went along with me to meet Pat and even she admitted Pat seemed very normal and nice for another cult member.  Pat’s dog, Traveler, was a sweetie, slightly ball obsessed, and very devoted to Pat.

One day out of the blue Pat contacted a small group of members to tell us she was terminally ill.  The prognosis was bad.  Not much time to live with or without treatment.  Out of respect for Pat we kept that news to ourselves, but tried to stay in touch with her and cheer her up the best we could.  Over time we heard less and less from Pat and the last couple of messages I sent her went unanswered.

Karen (and Jack) helped me locate her daughters on Facebook and tonight I received a message back from her daughter Jennifer that Pat passed away from cancer on August 15.  As I write this, Vern is sleeping next to me with his paw on my chest and is a great reminder to me what we all have in common….our love of our dogs.  My heart always goes out to the dogs left behind and the heartache and confusion they must feel to lose their person.  For that reason, I was so relieved to hear from Jennifer that Traveler has found the absolute best home.  He is now living with Pat’s next door neighbor, a young woman who adores him and Jennifer states he has bonded well with her and it has been a great match.

I am going to post a couple of fun discussions we had at Pat’s expense. She had a wonderful sense of humor and I won’t forget her.  It just reminds me again that I  have made some wonderful and lasting friendships on a site I joined simply because I got a Doodle. 

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/dk-people-are-the-nicest-p...

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/toadgate-for-pat-and-traveler

http://www.doodlekisses.com/profiles/blogs/another-dk-member-checke...

P.S. Her daughter was fine with me posting a discussion on DK.  I know Pat had lots of friends here.

Views: 1063

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is such sad news, but I am happy to hear that Traveler is doing okay.  Thanks for letting us know, Laurie...you were a very good friend to Pat.

Although I never had the pleasure of "meeting" her, I am saddened by this news. Like you Laurie, my heart would be with Traveler and hoping he is able to open his heart and love again. Reading thru some of the discussions lets me know that Pat and Traveler were very special indeed! They will be missed.

Such sad news but thankful Traveler is in a happy home. I will remember a DK friend fondly. RIP Pat (Travelers loving & fun Mom)

I am so sorry to learn of her passing Laurie. So very sad. May she RIP and Traveler be loved and well taken care of with his new family.  

What a lovely tribute to Pat! I absolutely LOVE how dogs have the power to bring people together...

Thank you Laurie for updating us and giving us the sad, but also good news that Traveler is in a good loving home. I am sure Pat's heart was peaceful knowing he would be well cared for and loved. 

I am so saddened to learn of Pat's passing.  I only knew her through her DK posts and pictures. Thank you, Laurie, for your wonderful tribute to Pat (& Traveler).  It is good to know that Traveler is being cared for by someone he knows and who adores him.  R.I.P. Pat.  You will be greatly missed.

Thank you for letting us know.  What sad news.  I have a photo somewhere of her and I and Lauri.

Awww, I was just thinking of Pat and Traveler again today.  It was really very sweet to spend a little time with Pat, Adina and their lovely dogs.  The picture below is a nice remembrance.  I am so glad that beautiful dog has a loving home.  

Summer 2011

Such sad news.  Lovely picture for memories.  So glad Traveler has a loving place.

Great picture!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service