DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I posted this in the grooming section but suprisingly didn't get a lot of feedback so I am going to try here as well. As the weather gets warmer and Sonny spends more time outside and getting dirty, I am looking for some recommendations for shampoo and conditioner. Sonny has a thick wavy coat that isn't so easy to brush.(could be because he hates it!!) I know I will need a detangler and I have seen Cowboy Magic, Mane and Tail and Ice on Ice all mentioned. Anyone know the differences? And are they just detanglers or shampoos and conditioners as well. I don't mind ordering anything but am leary of flowery scents as I have bad allergies and my little one has asthma.

Thanks for any info!!!

Ali and Sonny D.

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have the Cowboy Magic Shampoo, the conditioner is leave in, I prefer a rinse out type.  Mane & tale spray is really slick and I would only use it again outside.   Nancie of Gracie suggested using Pantene 2-1 diluted in a squirt bottle and I find that to be a good solution for regular bathing.  Good luck, it is hard to find what will work for the different coat types...

We love Best Shot shampoo and conditioner.  It makes them very soft and smells very nice.

I like the Best Shot products too.  The conditioner works really well with removing loose fur and tangles.  It has a nice minty smell.

Also, look into dog dryers if you don't already have one.  Blowing the water out of the fur and brushing them at the same time really makes a difference and fluffs the fur up.  Plus, if you dry the dog, they stay smelling nice and clean longer.

Was it hard to get your dog used to the dryer? Were they scared? Myla can't be bathed at petsmart anymore because she's afraid of the dryers and the back room now. So we bathe her at home and air dry her, but sometimes the groomer brushes and blows a smaller dryer on her at the same time she said it makes the tangles come out easier??
No my dog is not afraid of the dryer and I always dry him on the grooming table.  I do put cotton balls in his ears to cut down on the noise though.  I have seen this thing called "the happy hoodie" http://www.happyhoodie.com/ and it is supposed to calm dogs down that are afraid of the dryer. I've never used one though.
I love Minksheen Shampoo too:) It has a great smell and it is both a shampoo and conditioner. It is also an insect repellent. You can also use a rake to brush him out. I have heard that cowboy magic is a good detangler. I have never tried it though
Also the Bad Hair Day shampoo from  Bobby Panter makes dogs easier to brush and it is a shampoo & conditioner all in one. (and it smells like apples) 
I use the Cowboy Magic detangler for matts.  I really swear by it for Yoda's coat.  It does have a mild smell.
What kind of smell would you say it has? Is it strong. I don't mind scents just not too overpoewering or flowery.  Do you use it just for matts or whenever you bathe Yoda?
I just bathed Cooper this evening with the Pantene 2-1 shampoo and Conditioner in one after reading Nancie/GracieDoodle's recommendations from another post and I have to say that Cooper looks and smells great!   He is extra fluffy and curly!   Best of all, it was easy to get a brush and comb through his coat after he dried.  I thinned the shampoo down and used a spray bottle just like she suggested.    Cooper didn't seem to mind it at all.  He has gone back into the bathroom twice this evening and jumped into the tub for more!   I finally had to close the bathroom door.   As you can guess, he usually gets his bath at the groomer.  I just wanted him to be clean for the Romp this Saturday!
Thanks all! I will have to look into getting some of these. Do any of the bigger pet store chains have them or is it more of the private stores?(or online) I don't want any sprays that will be too slick either. I coud just see my ceramic floors getting all slick and one of my girls falling!  I do like the idea of a rinse out conditioner and then a spray to detangle . Maybe because that is what I do for my own hair. lol
My husband just bought more Best Shot.  I know he purchased it online, possibly from amazon.  We buy a gallon sized container and then dilute it in a smaller botttle.  We purchased the gallon about 3 yrs ago and we just ran out - it lasts forever!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service