DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Malley only wants to go to the bathroom in our backyard.  Doesn't matter how long the walk is - she waits till she is home.  Dog parks - every other dog is marking their turf - not her.  She waits till she gets home.  Daycare - she waits till she gets home, unless she is busting.    It is not a problem except for the one time we boarded her - I had to give her apple cider vinegar for three days to get her urination regular again.  Is this a doodle thing?  Does this happen to anyone else?

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No answers, but it's not a 'doodle' thing.
No answers but Lucca will only do his business anywhere but in our yard. He has to have to go really bad to go in the yard. Hence, we do 3 walks/day. I guess it keeps me fit!!! I had a Golden Retriever who would only go in our yard. Not a doodle thing!!
Huff does this sort of too. He will go anywhere but in my grandma's backyard. I don't really know why... Oh but it pains him to potty on flat surfaces (not literally of course):)
Coco too!! She only poos on the highest point of hills!!

Ginger does the same thing...My trainer said to not let her out, and when she was ready to go, go out the other door, armed with treats.  Let her sniff and sniff to her heart's content and if and when she goes out of the backyard, praise her and give her a treat.

It took a while, but finally she will urinate out of the backyard, but still not poo.

we will try with the treats.  We even take her for a walk the very first thing in the morning and still .....    Thank you!

Our first dog was a poodle mix, years ago when they were considered mutts, would NOT potty in our own yard. He would wait until we got just off our property to pee and wouldn't poop anywhere near our house, at least blocks away. It was awful.
If it was freezing cold, raining, hotter than a devil we had to walk him.

When we got Daisy we were determined to train her to potty near our back door. It was December after Christmas when we got her and freezing and snowing. DH had to shovel in area in the yard. As she got bigger he would shovel a bigger area, it looked like we were creating an ice rink.

Well it worked. She poops and pees in the yard for the most part. She goes out in the morning and poops and pees, comes in and waits for DH to take her for her morning jog. It really is wonderful.

All that being said she does NOT hold it if we are away from home, but it's usually right outside wherever we are that she potty's. At first she was like Malley and wouldn't but when she was about 6 months she started to.

How old is Malley?

Malley is 14 months.  We really are only concerned because we want her to feel comfortable to potty when she is at daycare of if we have to board her.
I have two males, so maybe this is a "guy thing", but they'll pee or poop ANYWHERE.  Murphy's been known to poop on a walk....and keep right on walking.  I wish I had some better advice for you....it must be uncomfortable for her to hold it this long.
I read in Cesear Milan's 'How to Raise the Perfect Dog' that you have to train dogs when they are puppies to pee and poop in different places and on different surfaces so when the need arises, they will be able to go anywhere.  I don't know how to 'retrain' after the dog is no longer a puppy but there have been lots of good suggestions here you might try.
Oh and guess what, my human daughter won't poop anywhere but home either :-)

My DH won't either!  :-)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service