DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

has anyoen here had surgery involving lifting restrictions of 15 pounds or more if so how do u interact with your dogs should they be way more then that i have surgery on tuesday coming up etc

so what can i do with my dog after surgery etc 

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 70 lb Doodle (never lift this guy) and a 22 lb mini.  My mini does not like to be lifted and so if I want to cuddle with him I get down on the floor and he'll climb on my lap.  It works out just fine.  Good luck with the surgery.

I can,t lift Calla and I can barely lift Luca. So lifting dogs is not a problem for me. You may need to protect your surgery site for a while with anything you can jury rig like pillows etc.

i can lift him he is like 30 pounds 

so i just wont be able to for few weeks post surgery 

i been having loads of cuddles past few days about to go cuddle him now 

I would be concerned about walking him too if he is a puller. Trying to hold on to a dog that is pulling would stress a surgery site as much, or more than lifting. So take care if you guys go for a walk.

oh my parents do most of

Stop lifting, at least for now.  Your dog will understand.

That about sums it up Lynda.

I had spinal surgery fusion when my doodle was just under 1 year old... I had lifting restrictions and movement restrictions for several weeks. I had to rely on friends to come walk my Shelby and even change her water bowl. I could do the food bowl with a grabber tool. Shelby was so well behaved post surgery... She could tell something was different and was incredibly gentle with me. She is just under 40 pounds and I rarely lift her but our daily exercise of fetch and walking was impossible for me. We increased playcare to 3 days a week and then friends came to do walks and play ball. Eventually I was able to walk with them gradually increasing distance, but it was quite a while before I felt comfortable holding the leash... Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

been home for 3 days now realized i have nto updated yall. so bentley is wary of me in a weird way. he does not want me near him n such

so they found some unknown diseased tissues and took some out to see if it is endometriosis (likely is). then tursday from 3 am til noon we had to go to emerge for some minor issues

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service