DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The Doodle Messenger is announcing a benefit available to all of our readers...

We are proud to partner with Petplan, America’s #1 pet insurance provider according to independent customer reviews on PetInsuranceReview.com.

In the course of the last ten months we have been given space on so many doodle sites and forums to help those doodles in need. Because of them, because of you who read the stories and hold the paws across the "Doodle Internet," TODAY we are able to announce a special benefit for those who seek or will be renewing their doodle pet insurance.  We hope this announcement brings you both joy and thanks from the Volunteer Board Members of the Messenger and the Corporate offices (dog lovers all) of Petplan Insurance. We  are so thankful for their concern for our sick doodles...and their assistance to doodle owners.

Our unique strategic partner promo code is DOODLE which provides an additional 5% partner discount on top of the standard 5% website discount!  If you already have Petplan, be sure to notify the company by telephone when you renew and your discount using "Doodle" will also apply.

For every new doodle who is signed up with Petplan, and for those who are needing to renew their insurance with Petplan, the company will donate $25.00 to the fund which goes directly and equally to each doodle on The Doodle Messenger!  We understand this is the season of miracles. Not only a discount to a discount, but, how lucky we are to have met a corporation  with not only momentum, but a heart, and willing to extend that to so many of our doodle owners in need, contemplating insurance or not. If you are not a person who uses pet insurance, perhaps you will tell friends of the kindness of this particular company.

Here is the link for further instructions and a summary of PetPlan policies:

http://doodlemessenger.webs.com/readersbenefits.htm

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is great news Karan!! But darn-I just took out a PetPan policy a couple of weeks ago!! I wish I had waited now!!

Thanks for the great work you guys are doing on behalf of the Doodle Messenger doodles!!  Happy Holidays!

The CEO is a great guy.  I would call their 800 number and tell them you just renewed and see if they would back date to Doodle.  I'm serious.  We all know there are cut off dates, but we have been in discussion with them and if the phone folks are familiar with the Doodle promo word, well you might be surprised. Try it, we just told another person on another forum to try it. Why not?  Hope it works.  Karan would probably answer this, but I think she is off practicing for a play.  She is our Board starlet out in California!!!!  And a wonderful colleague. Seriously, call, try and talk yourself into it if it wasn't too, too long ago. Regards, Judy from the Messenger Board.

It's worth a try!! I'll give them a call tomorrow!
I know you have not been a fan of Pet Insurance in the past, so I'm really happy to see this posting.  As I've mentioned before, IMO Insurance Companies are not about trying to take unfair advantage of their policyholders.  Most are very responsible businesses just trying to generate a fair return to their shareholders.  I think this is a great example of that.  Insurance Companies that I've been associated with also recognize their responsibilities to the communities they serve.  I think it's wonderful of PetPlan to do this for Doodles in need.  I have been very happy with this company, and I will certainly be renewing my policy.

Hi Jane, did you mean the Messenger not a fan?  We know how important it is, but some of us on the Messenger Board don't have insurance, others do.  Karan, we think is off rehersing for a play so I'm trying to play catch up on all the forums. I have not personally used it, but the more we deal with these issues the more I believe it is a must.  I think I have just been lucky with all of mine. They've gone to the bridge from old age not an illness.  Amazing when I think about it. Heck, I'm 69 and I've had dogs for 40 years if you know what I mean, and worse, I'm from Hartford, what was the Insurance Capitol of the world and grandpa's who were officers of two big ones.  Now, things have changed too, the cost of care is so high especially when cancer, or HD or any other difficult issue presents.  So, we are thrilled to have had Pet Plan help all Doodle owners. Tonight we are scrambling as a Board to see if we could at least back date those who have renewed and like Pet Plan in the last month...t'ain't easy to catch the CEO tonight!!!!  But we'll keep working on it.  We are fans as a group, tho, for we have met some very sick kids with none whatsoever and it is virtually bankrupting their owners. Either way, the kids on the Messenger are mostly in dire straights. One with insurance is well over 35,000.

That's a lot of love for a dog. But, if the dog becomes the miracle of a cancer protocol, it will have been worth it to so many of us and our dogs and dogs down the line.  We were surprised at the number of clinical trials being undertaken with dogs world wide related to both cancer (the number one killer) and HD.  A few years from now, maybe those will be better treat or cure-able. Thanks for your support...we are going to wait to see if we hear from any of the other insurers.  All recieved snail mail letters from us approximately four weeks ago. Pet Plan was the first to respond.  Some of the company's may just go ahead and donate to the dog's Veterinarians. That is fine also.  However we can help we want to help.   Just a small group of volunteers pushing the envelope.  We would like, however, tonight, to be in the same time zone having a bit of the merry together if you know what I mean.  :)   I'd settle for an old St. Bernard walking up to my front door with a flask!   Happy Holidays to you.

I just went to PetPlan to look things over. They also offer a 10% multiple pet discount, a 5% enrolling on line discount & a microchip discount. Pretty soon they would owe me money: ) Seriously, I need to give this some thought.
To:  F Parker...from petplan.   We now owe you $350!   Just wanted you to know we did approximately three months of research on the plans here and in Canada (and looked at some in England and Australia), we ended up with what we felt were the top 12 in the US...PP got the highest rankings in every category.  We didn't go easy into that dark night if you know what I mean. So much work before we sent the snail mail letters out. Perhaps there will be others who appear to offer a doodle discount. You know we will let everyone on the forums know as we nail things down.  For us, this was a huge win and a wonderful time of the year for lots of Pet Plan fans.  Will keep you posted as we hear of others who might help.  Good luck with the thinking. Multiples is what I've always had, money, not always so much!!  But, if I knew I was just starting a dog life rather than twilighting, I would really have to give it thought too.
Ha! Thanks for the information.

I have had Petplan insurance since Nick came to live with me and have always been happy with their coverage and policies. They are warm, friendly, and quick to pay.

I am an advocate for pet insurance; for me it is the right choice. I like the peace of mind that whatever happens to this dog I love so much, decisions about her care need never be based on my ability to pay.

I  wish this had happened just a couple of months earlier.  I cancelled VPI and replaced it with Pet Plan in October after doing further research.   Always had VPI, but they seemed to be  paying less and less and after reading all the info on this site and others decided that Pet Plan was the way to go.   I will definitely mention DOODLE when it is time to renew!

Yes, we saw that when we were researching the company's. Sort of looked like diminishing returns.  However,the insurers have a professional organization and apparently meet and discuss issues, policies, etc.  Possibly that

is a discussion point for one or two of the others out of their own association.  It is definitely a growing, changing business for pet insurers, that's for sure.  Overwhelming trying to "shop" for it because of the conditions and illnesses covered and not covered.

I am very interested in this.... at least to get a quote and see if we can afford the premiums, but I cannot find the Canadian web site

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service