DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Okay, so we are getting ANOTHER goldendoodle.  I never thought I would have 3 big dogs, but with 4 kids who all want to participate in 4H Dog projects, Charlotte's recent health scare, 2 recently adopted kids (a new pup will be as much theirs as everyones - not one more thing they just inherited), and a few other factors, well...here comes another pup.

I will be picking the pup up next week at 9 weeks old.  She is a beautiful chocolate with blue eyes.

We have a bunch of names not available due to numerous extended family dogs, rescued dogs, alpacas, and horses.  We like names with a southern or literary feel to them.  Our current dogs are Charlotte and Webster (Webster's dictionary, Charlotte's Web). 

Our short list is: Tessa, Ellie, Ivy, Shelby, Sophie, and Georgia.  My husband and oldest (and newest) son are the picky ones - ugh.  Hubby likes Magnolia (Maggie). 

Any suggestions? What do you think about the names I mentioned?  We have 6 people who need to agree and I'm going nuts not knowing her name!!!

Views: 924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ruby is on MY short list but hubby doesn't like it.  It's 4 against 2 for Ruby, maybe we can change the mind of the holdouts :-)  If she were red, I would go for Reba!

Keziah, Azelee, (ancestors from Louisiana had those Southern names) Magnolia, and Willa are my favorites with Ruby as the #3. Good luck, she is a beautiful doodle !

How about Harper from the publisher of Charlotte's Web, or Ebie ( may be a better spelling ) from the author E.B White ( Charlotte's Web )? I like Magnolia as well... She is so cute.

LOVE Harper - and we all know southern girls first names are someone else's surname.

There was a girl in school many years ago and her name was Piper. I've always remembered it and really like it.

I like Piper!

Her name was Piper Ludlow and for some reason It stuck. I was her prefect and I've always wondered what happened to her.

I like Piper too but it is my sister's dog's name.  She has Piper, Mabel, and Blue so those names are out.

Such a cutie!  If I had a female, she would probably be Emma, Helen, or Molly Brown!  Good luck in your search.  You will know it when you hear it and everyone says yes - that is it!!

What a cutie! I like Ellie and Sophie.

My daughter's name is Sophie, so I love that ;-)

I was also going to suggest Blue - that was our Keeshond Ruby's middle name! So I love that too.

Since Blue is already "in the family," how about Frankie? Frank Sinatra...Ol' Blue Eyes! Get it? ;) Frankie is an adorable girl's name IMO.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear what you decide.

I have a Matilda--I call her Mattie but everyone likes the name. I like Georgia too--it seems to suit your gorgeous girl--Georgia on my mind...I think her eyes may end up Hazel in color--which is also a good name! How about Maybellene! Wasn't there an old tune by that name? "Oh, Maybellene, why can't you be true?" Chuck Berry--and very southern!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service