DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

In order to confuse the public we now have a new dog "Cobbadog", well not a new dog just a new name.  Beverly Manners has decided that her ALD's are now to be called "Cobbadogs".  So as not to confuse things they are being registered by the MDBA foundation (who it seems will register any dog if the fees is paid).

Her inbreeding program has changed the name of the dogs a few times, this just seems to be the latest revision.

I found this out from another forum.

Views: 1395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LMAO, I so wished I had known that Rooney was actually a Cobbadog when I named him!  Maybe I would have gone with something like Robba instead. 

Hmmm.  I was beginning to take these comments personally.

Grrrrr....

I looked up the word cobba. I won't post a link to the urban dictionary definition, it is not flattering to say the least. I for one will stick with labradoodle : )

Omigosh, F! I looked it up, too!

That is hardly something to build a brand on.

OMD! Good plan!

I do believe it means something like pal or mate in Australian slang. So many of our terms mean something else like doodle.

Right. The only other reference I found was a "Cobba Dog Coat" company (that makes dog coats) based in Australia so I guess it is some sort of Aussie word that means something less embarrassing too.   

I saw that too.

No, actually cobbER not cobbA means friend, as does mate. The last time she changed the name of our beloved Labradoodles to ASD, Australian Service Dogs, she put the question out to people on her chat site for input.  I along with many others asked her at that time, what percentage of Australian Labradoodles actually become 'Service Dogs'? The consensus was pretty unanimous in that no one wanted it changed.  She did not answer to the comments nor did she have any facts regarding percentages. I know of many ALDs who are Service Dogs, which is wonderful but to have renamed them that was to suggest that is what they are in general....IMHO.

Also in Australia, they laugh (in good fun though) about us 'Yanks' calling our dogs 'Doodles' as 'doodle' is slang for a certain part of the male anatomy. LOL!

After 15 trips to Australia, I know most of the slang there and learned when not to use certain ones...LOL!

ROTFLMAO!!! Oh dear!

Yikes! I just read the definition - not good, to say the least...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service