DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Well, I got my wish that Sherlock's biopsy would come back sooner rather than later.  Unfortunately it was not good news, he does indeed have cancer.  Our vet said there isn't chemo for the type of cancer Sherlock has and the tumor is too far back in his throat and up into the soft palate to be able to remove it all surgically.  He is checking on a med that seems to stop/slow down the cancer in some dogs.  We are going to give it try and hope for the best.  We should know something in the next day or two where we can order the medicine. 

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am going to be hopeful that doctor will find the medicine that will be helpful to Sherlock and keep him comfortable with good quality of life for a long time.... My prayer is with you, Nina.......
We will keep Sherlock and your family in our prayers. Sending our love, hugs and kisses to Sherlock <3
I am so sorry to hear this! Shelby and I are thinking about you and Sherlock.... big hug to you!!!
So sorry to hear this, will be praying for you all. Enjoy Sherlock and do things with him that will give you wonderful memories. Make his remaining time a joy. Hugs, Diane
I'm so sorry about your news. You are in our prayers. I hope the meds can give you more time with Sherlock.
I am so sorry. (((hugs))) to you and Sherlock.
So sorry Nina. Our best is with Sherlock, we'll pray he stays happy and comfy as long as possible.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts your family's way.
Nina, I'm so.......sorry that you got this news today, when I got it with my Bear I felt like a truck ran over me. I cried for days and days that was a year ago this month. When I got the "C" news I asked my vet "how long? a year?" He said we'd be lucky to see 5 months, that would have been last March. Nina, Bear's still with us playing with his brother, swimming at the cabin and letting everyone know he's the boss! I can't say it's been all "peaches n cream" for me, the tears still flow. I told a good friend of mine "my life has been a rooler coaster" He said then get off the roller coaster, don't question every movement Bear makes just enjoy him for him, now I do.
I am so sorry for you and Sherlock. This is terrible news. We had to deal with this issue last month so I really know what you are going through. Unfortunately in our case there was no treatment to try, I am so glad that you have something that might help.
Nina...You didn't say a word about this when we spoke the other day!...I am so sorry to hear about this ......Whatever you need ......I am here for you....We are here for you...Even if it means getting in a car with Liz and Adrianne and hauling butt to GA...
I'm sorry to hear about Sherlock's diagnosis. Hopefully the medicine can slow the progression of the disease and Sherlock can have a good quality of life. It is a terrible thing to deal with a pet's life threatening illness. Our thoughts are with you and all the members of your family.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service