DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Okay...  I give up!  Can't say I didn't try though!  We just bought Tori a new toy, we'll call it a Valentine's gift.  It was made from "virtually indestructible" fire hose material.  Well, we played with it for a while with her, went in the other room for 5 minutes and there it was, with a great big HOLE in it.  Guess we'll just stick to balls and nylabones... HUH! so sad.... 

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL, nice tactful response. :)

Wow, time flies! It seems like just yesterday I drove him and his brother to the airport!
The two Murphy's run with Julianne and I, 3 times a week so they see eachother a lot. They are very similar and get along well. Juliannes Murphy is still a few pounds bigger and few inches taller, has lighter, curlier, non-shedding hair. They are both so healthy and happy. Thanks again. But I guess we are off topic, aren't we?
Do you give them raw?
Yes. The marrow is very nutritious, but it is important to know your source as the marrow is raw as is any meat left on the bones.
If he doesn't get all the marrow out on the first setting, I scoop it out and put it in his food or put the bone in a baggie in the refrigerator for safe keeping. It can be very messy as the marrow kind of melts, but again, very good for them.

You can buy sterilized and stuffed bones at the petstore if raw makes you uncomfortable. Cost more but they are real bones.
I've done the raw marrow bones before, but they get so messy that I eventually throw them away. Do you wash them with soap and water right after he gets all the meat off?
Yes, altho they are pretty clean when they get done chewing them I do wash them in really hot water and soap. Or like April and I were teasing about, in the dishwasher if it;s running that night.

They are messy and I have Murphy eat them outdoors or stay on the tiles. But after that, they last so long and keep them occupied especially if there's yogurt or peanut butter in it.
Hear Hear for Marrow Bones! The BEST.
Darwin's favorite toy is empty milk jugs. And we just happen to have them around all the time... he he.
I experienced the same frustration with "indestructible" toys until I got her a "Sheddies" reindeer antler. A guy in the Northwest gathers these up and packages them- you can even find them on Ebay. They are not taking from or harming the animal- rather the guy realized that shed antlers don't splinter, smell, and have calcium.
WOW! I'll have to look for them. We used to give our golden those hoofs, but BOY DID THEY STINK!!!
I experienced the same frustration with "indestructible" toys until I got her a "Sheddies" reindeer antler. A guy in the Northwest gathers these up and packages them- you can even find them on Ebay. They are not taking from the deer and do not harm the animal- rather the guy realized that shed antlers don't splinter, smell, and have calcium and Doodle lovers like us would buy them.
Just recently was introduced to the antlers. They do last a long time and he loves them. A little expensive, about $10.00 ea. unless you know of somewhere to get them cheaper. I will check ebay.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service