DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yesterday I'd given Oscar a bath and blow dry and was all ready to tackle a clipper cut today. I laid out all the necessities... clipper, comb attachments and brush. Then I went and got Oscar to put him on the grooming table. Once there, I started the clipper and began clipping from the neck down his back. That's when I realized I'd forgotten the comb attachment and had shaved him down to the skin!! UH-OH!! I'm just glad I didn't start on the top of his head! LOL!

After that major mess up I paid close attention to every detail. I think in spite of the rough start it all turned out okay! Live and learn! LOL!

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Ginny. It wasn't such a big deal doing it on my own doodle, since I'm not paying myself to do it, but I can see how it might be a little difficult to explain to another doodle owner. I didn't even try to disguise it, but I guess I could have tried blending it in. I didn't want to make it more obvious than it was already.

Your end result is very nice.  Maybe a wide bow around the neck for company, otherwise, he is good to go!

A bow sounds great, and perfect for the holidays! Thanks, Nancy!

Debb ~ What a terrific grooming job!  I am so jealous.  I would love to try this.  Just thinking about what I could buy with the grooming fees ($1500 annually) Yikes, thinking of it that way, I need to get on it!

Thanks, I appreciate it! Doing your own grooming can be a chore and very time consuming, but yes, it does save money, and there is no one to blame but yourself if you're not happy.

Your final cut looks great.  The "oops" will grow back quickly.  And at least it was you who did it and not a professional groomer.  Live and learn.

EXACTLY! Thank you!

He looks fabulous!!

Thank you, Linda :)

After Picco's first grooming, at $150, I did a little research, bought my own clippers and a set of combs and experimented. Luckily he sits still for me as long as he gets breaks. It's not perfect but then not all groomers are either. Bathing and grooming has been my way of bonding with him as a puppy and I have fun doing it.

Beautiful job. You are very brave. And mistakes generally only happen once anyway. We rarely repeat.

I'm glad we're not the only doodle parents who make mistakes like this. The final cut looks great! I love the front feet!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service