DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am so tired that I am going to just copy and paste what I posted on another site.  I know  you won't mind as long as you get the update.  

We agreed to another ultrasound of his abdomen in order to try and avoid another rather expensive and risky test only to find out that he needs the expensive and risky test anyway. :-( So he was sent home on 3 meds to clear some of the toxin from his system and control any possible seizures for 3 weeks until we decide what to do. Also, they didn't think he would handle the anesthesia required at this point, without getting his liver function into better shape. This would take approx 3 weeks.
There are several likely scenarios here and I won't go into all of them. Bottomline, it seems we caught it while he is still fairly healthy and he has a good chance if he happens to have a shunt that can be repaired by surgery. If he doesn't have the shunt, it is another story.

The Vet also found enlarged lymph nodes in his gastrointestinal track and was a little concerned about that, but said since Cooper has been a dog with GI problems, it may be an indication that he has undiagnosed Inflammatory Bowel Disease, but it is too early to rule out a developing Lymphoma or neoplasm?. This is something he wants to keep an eye on too.

We agreed to go home, start him on the meds and think things over. He was such a good boy after he got over his frenzied greetings. LOL! They said he laid still on his back with them holding him without sedative for 30 minutes for the ultrasound.

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the update, Martha.

JD and I are sending all our good thoughts and wishes to Cooper. Hang in there, and hugs to you both.

Sending positive thoughts and good wishes your way. Thank you for the update!!

Thank you for letting us know how things are going with Cooper. I will continue to pray for his recovery. I'm sorry all of you are going through this. doodle kisses for Cooper.

Martha, ty for the update, I am so hoping that things will go well for Cooper, good doodle vibes, hugs and prayers are coming your way...Thanks for again for the update...

Thank you for taking the time to update us. I'm sure you are mentally and physically exhausted dealing with all this. I am sending some heavy duty prayers and good wishes your way.
Oh no poor Cooper:( sending you hugs and licks and wising he is feeling better really soon!

Sorry to hear the difficulties Cooper is going through. The surgery is a no brainer if it can fix the liver shunt I think. If not you'd need more information about what is causing the liver problem to make an informed decision. I hope the lymph nodes are nothing to worry about.

I

Oh, Cooper, you're such a good boy letting the doctors check you out. You hang in there! They'll figure this out, and you'll feel better soon!
Thanks for the update.

THank you for updating, I wish the best of health for him I hope they can fix things easily.. He is such a sweetie, I can't bare to see all these babies having so many health problems...

Get some rest...

Hugs to Cooper.

Good and positive thoughts coming Cooper's way. Thank you for keeping us informed.

Awwwwww.....so sorry to hear about Cooper's problems.  He's such a sweety, it's heart-breaking to hear about his medical situation.  Take good care of yourself, too.  Thanks for updating.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service