DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello again

I wanted to update you all on the situation since I received so much encouragement from all of you.  The whole experience was a definite eye opener for me and in the end it worked out AMAZINGLY!

We no longer have Jack :( What a roller coaster but I am  happy with how it all ended even though I do miss him a lot and have pangs of guilt!  

So last week, after so much thought, no sleep, tons of stress and tears, I had decided that it didn't matter what he looked like, open faced or not he had a great personality and whether or not I ended up 8 months from now vacuuming everyday because he did in fact shed, so be it, I was ready to accept it, we were all really falling in love with him.

That afternoon I got an email from the breeder saying someone had called her and was interested in Jack and better yet, they live in the same town as I do!   Long story short, they came and saw him, fell in love, already had a mini doodle at home and did not mind in the least that he was an open face doodle.  I think it was meant to be.  They are a great family and will keep in touch, since they live in the same town and since my mom has Abby, they can still get together every once in a while for a reunion.

Despite everything it was an extremely hard decision but they have since told me Jack is adjusting wonderfully and fitting right in to their family.   So my search will continue with the goal of finding another puppy the beginning of next summer.  In the mean time, we will enjoy Abby which is why I posted her picture in my profile!

So...until next year....well I may pop in from time to time to ask a zillion questions! Thanks

Views: 2091

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ditto to Rodney's comments - sometimes people are just overwhelmed, especially with a new dog, and everyone has their own set of circumstances to deal with.  Everyone here has so much to offer and that's really what it's all about.  Everyone starts somewhere and it's great to have guidance on where to go from wherever that place is!

I'm sorry that Roxy has gotten some mean comments from a few people.  This is the first time I have ever seen anyone attacked like this on this site.  I don't believe in coincidences.  The family who now has Jack, has him for a reason.  Roxy was not meant to have that particular dog.  She is not a bad person for being disappointed.  She was misinformed by the breeder.  From what I have read, the breeder should have an idea of coat type, and a good breeder should try to match the puppy to the owner.  Good luck, Roxy, and best wishes to Jack and his new family. 

The post you are reading is a completely re-written post.  Perhaps if you had read the original post you would understand some of the comments.  Unfortunately once someone changes the post there is no way to read the original.

Also - the person that originally posted is no longer a member.

I am glad that Jack has a new home so many are not so lucky-the shelters are full of dogs that were abandoned for one reason or another.

Doodles are mixed breed dogs there is no guarantee as to what they will look like or act like.

Kudos to the breeder for helping him find a loving home. 

I'm so happy for Jack that it has worked out well for him and that you took the necessary steps to help find him that home where he will be cared for and loved.

I'm glad it all worked out for the best.  I'm sure it was a hard decision.  We brought home a 3rd doodle last November and all hell broke loose around here.  DH and I questioned ourselves many times.  In the end everyone must do what is right for their family and doodle.  

I also strongly recommend you adopting an older dog.  Many of the rescue dogs are about 10 months old, energetic and untrained.  You will be able to see their personalities, coats and size and you can save a small fortune while doing something great for the dog.

Can someone please explain what "open-faced" means?

I for one try not to judge anyone. I never thought I'd be "one of those people" who brought home dogs and decided to give one up, but I was in that position and came very close to giving up our Noodles because she and her sister Bootes fight so much. We're all trying to pitch in as a family but it has really turned our lives upside down in a totally unexpected way. I thought bringing home a dog (or two) would be a great experience but it's been anything but up to this point. I have doubts every day about whether we'll make it.

This wasn't at all the case with Ruby Blue, our Keeshond who died last year. From the beginning, she was amazing, loving and lovable and a positive force in our family.

But much like children, these are living beings. We make the choice to welcome them into our homes and families, and can only hope they grow to love us and we can love them.

I can't imagine giving up a puppy because of looks alone, but I would have a problem if I believed a breeder was falsely representing the puppy to me. We all know that goldendoodles come in all shapes and shades and sizes - my two are very different, with Bootes being dark and having shorter snout and Noodles having the longer snout - but they are beautiful in their own ways.

Sorry to ramble but I've been pretty emotional and stressed lately! And all the while I'm typing this, my two puppies are sleeping soundly at my feet. :)

I was going to ask the same thing! What is 'opened-faced?' Like a disease?

"Open-faced" means the dog lacks facial furnishings: the fluffy beard, mustache, eyebrows, etc. Puppies with furnishings will usually have a chrysanthemum type area of longer hair in the area at the top of their muzzle between their eyes. 

Picture examples of our open-faced doodle Luna:

11 weeks old (Note how smooth her muzzle is and there are no "fluffs" between her eyes)

11 weeks

Adult (2.5 years old - No fluff on her face at all!)

Doodle pose at its best

She looks a little like my Noodles, whose sister Bootes has a much different type of face (we joke that she looks like a stuffy old English gentleman! hrumph hrumph!) Here's Bootes:

Noodles is one cute doodle!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service