DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This video was shared by an excellent trainer who is on a training forum I belong to.   It features 4 of herstudents with dogs plus 2 other students working as helpers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLAOz5au6mw

Really fun to see these dogs doing what they were bred for!

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm okay with the fact that my dogs have to exercise each other most of the time, I'm okay with the fact I don't buy them tons of toys or that the kids have stolen a lot of their attention.  But if there's anything that makes me feel BAD for my house dogs...it's stuff like this!  I can only imagine how much fun Boca would have with a real job like these dogs have!

I love the Landseer Newfie. There is a family a couple of blocks from us who have always had one or two Newfoundlands, black or chocolate... no Landseers. 

I agree about wishing my boys had jobs. Owen needs a one and Kona would love it. When we go to the beach he is obsessive about fetching sticks or balls out of the ocean. 

This is just awesome.  I feel sad that I don't do this stuff with my dogs - not the hunting or even the water 'tricks' specifically, but the skills and work, and bonding.  I am retired and I should have time, but somehow.....

Oh, that Newfoundland! What a magnificent creature. So much for show dogs being unhealthy and inbred, and it being just a beauty contest.

Although Labradors are also water dogs, and in fact are related to Newfoundlands, JD's Labrador heritage did not have much influence on him; he hates the water!

So awesome to watch this....such a gift to a dog when they are actually able to what they are bred for.

Awesome video, love the Landseer!

What a great video, skills put to use, what a great life these dogs have. Daisy loves the water and she certainly retrieves, don't think she would pull a "stranger" in though, maybe her Mom or Dad.

There is a group up at our lake that works their dogs (Portuguese Water Dogs) several Sundays throughout the summer. It is fun to watch these dogs in the water. Our trainer actually just got one of these dogs and he is a real cutie. Fudge and Vern LOVE the water.

Very fun to watch. 

Neat video Adina. Thanks.

LOVE!  Love the exercise, love seeing dogs being exercised, love seeing dogs bred to do what they are meant to be doing, love seeing trainers working their to to potential.    I see, many days, what my dog longs to do-Retrieve.  And boy we do it all the time. Happy Healthy Dogs!

Nice.  We will be watching this again.

Love the Video. We love to go to the lake and swim! It is Bodhi's favorite thing to do and we are lucky we can do it! Totally going to miss it this winter! This video makes me want to train Bodhi for rescue! 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service