DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We live in an area of the country (northern Utah) where the winter months are very cold and snow covered. During the warmer seasons of the year, going outside to play and exercise a dog is easier. But in the winter, it becomes more difficult due to freezing cold temperatures, deep snow, and limited daylight hours (gets dark very early). To make matters worse, our city does not have a dog park, and the nearest one is closed from November to March. I'm wondering what other people do with their dogs to get play and exercise during winter (especially those who experience similar weather conditions)?

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have seen this before, but your right puts a smile on my face every time I watch it!! What love!!
That was great Karen! I can't even imaging how long it took to train that into Rookie. The really neat thing is how much the dog is enjoying himself! Thanks for sharing!
Those videos are great! Hope to be able to find something like that around where I live.
So fun, those dance videos, but when Toby gets pumped he just starts jumping on me and racing around. I'm pretty sure our routine would be over before it started.
This is so cool. We signed up for rally classes that start in January. Something different for us. I still walk in the winter...got some real warm gear. Don';t mind too much if the sun is out. Of course, here in PA. we don't get too much snow very often. You have to show us a video of you and Muppet in action!
Last year I tried to find a friend with a basement or a few days I even took the cars out of the garage and played with them in there. We were also going to training one night a week pretty much all winter so that helped also. If you have a doggie day care somewhere that would be a good idea as well.
Lucy and Sophies Mom, we keep the cars out of the garage and play in there also.
This is adorable!!! Not going to lie..I might try this with Timbow, but will absolutely include wine and would never show anyone. haha (timbow won't judge my two left feet) What a great idea!!!
Play fetch in the deepest snow I can find!! It tires them out so quickly!!
The funniest thing is when you play fetch in the snow and throw them a snowball! LOL- they go crazy trying to find it!
On days like this
Photobucket

Get some warm boots and pants on and go for a hike!
Photobucket

Seriously, I understandf the issues with it getting dark earlier, we are Canadian. Our after dinner hikes are always in the dark. I have a strong high powered 12V flashlight and I have collars on the dogs that blink like strobe lights. We play find the snowball in the dark.
We also play fetch with soft stuffed balls indoors, and we have a big ball made of heavy braided rope that I roll down the hallway like a bowling ball for Jack to chase.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service