DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am also posting this in the name group, but thought I would post it here too... so everyone could participate. 

We have talked about why we named our dogs what we did, but I thought it would be fun to post the actual meaning of our doodle's names. I chose Darwin before I found out what his name meant, but found out later that it means " a dear friend" So cute! 

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not named after Frodo Baggins then?
My Doodles are Stella and Stanley. I've always worked in theatre and also always wanted to have a dog named Stella (after the character in Streetcar Named Desire so I could yell for her....STELLLLLLAAAA just like the Stanley character in the play. Then when we were gifted with a male pup this spring it was only fitting that he be called Stanley. Not sure of the names meanings/orgins, but I sure get a kick out of calling them and love it when folks "get" the connection!
On sailing ships, the Rouser is the person who is responsible for bringing everyone their daily ration of rum or grog - he "rouses" you so you don't miss your ration. The Rouser is always the most popular guy on the boat.
VERY cute - Natasha! "Yo Ho Ho"
My goodness, finding the name meanings was not easy. It is a good thing that I didn't worry about meanings when I chose their names.
Ned is a diminutive of Edmund or Edgar. One place said it meant a powerful and wealthy spearman. So I guess Ned inherited his feelings of superiority (teehee).
Clancy is not listed as a name in many of the places I looked but finally one said: From the Irish surname Mac Fhlannchaidh which means "son of Flannchadh". The Gaelic name Flannchadh means "red warrior". Would that be referring to Clancy's red tail??? hmmmm.
My non-doodle doggies are Simon (one who obeys) and Gordie (from the great hill, hero).
And does Simon obey? I love the names that are hard to live up to. My name means "innocent" and every time I cut class or came in late during high school, my mom would remind me of it. :-)
Simon DOES obey but Gordie is not a hero - more the underling. But we actually named Gordon, Flash Gordon from the fictional character - very fitting for an active Springer.
Sage means wise and with good energy. Tivoli
 is I Lov It backwards. They are formally: 
Noblevestal's Australian Sage and Noblevestal's 
The Lord Tivoli. 
WOW!! Well, I LOVE IT!! Great name!
Guinness, is for the Guinness dark beer of the Irish!!! Rosco,we did not name Rosco, but he is silly & playful and full of energy at times.
Joyce, I found Rosco and it means forest of deer
We did not select Sophie's name but the sound of it fits her perfectly. It means wisdom. Not so sure about that although she is very wise in knowing that sleeping in her cozy bed is way more fun than playing with a dumb yellow ball in 90 degree weather. My dad, who is known for "murderizing" the english language for fun calls her "Soapy". His dog's name is "Ho" - I am afraid to look it up.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service