DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

While I was reading through all the post under "When did you become a dog person?" it seemed to me many of us discovered a very special and unique dog when our doodles came into our lives so I was wondering if anyone was interested in sharing what is so distinctly different about their doodle from other dogs.  

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've had dogs all my life, large, small and in between. But, Ginger has an aura of sunshine around her that is infectious. People immediately smile and hold out their arms to her wherever we go. I've loved all my dogs but this one is so smart and sweet, she is amazing!

I've had several breeds...Irish Setter, Lab, Golden Retriever, and Dalmatian.  I think the thing that is different about my Doodles is that they're so much more "Mama's boys" than any of my other dogs.  They are less independent (not sure whether that's good or bad...just kind of the way it is).  They follow me everywhere...and just wait for me to pet them, or talk to them, or even to just smile at them.  Some of this may be because I'm retired and so I spend lots of time with them.  I was working when I had my other dogs so there just wasn't the time to spend "one on one" that I have now with G & M.  Each breed that I've owned was special in their own way....but I'd say it's the close bonding that differentiates my Doodles.

I'd have to say their need and willingness to Bond with me, a special connection is created. It's like they crave interaction with me!! Love love love it! :-)

I totally agree with Jane!  I have had two beautiful dogs in my adult life but because I was working and raising a family, I did not spend the one-on-one time with them that I do with Myla!  One of them, Kara, is definitely my two son's "heart dog" to this day but I have a totally different relationship with Myla and probably because I am retired and she is always there to speak to, hug, spend time with and just bond with.  I don't think it's because she is a "doodle" per say but a "doodle" is the perfect dog for me - she is smart, beautiful and the perfect size and just gets us!  She is our perfect dog and I am absolutely in love!!!!! 

For me, it was just that I had more time. I am home with them all day and we do just about everything together. I have loved all my dogs, but it is so nice to have the time to spend with them. 

"Like"!

I think what sets the doodles apart is the poodle quality...my daughter had a standard poodle who would sit & listen to every conversation, focus on everyone speaking, & it was as if he was human & going to talk too.

Our doodles interact with us much more than the other dogs we've had...Baker bows his head, bares all of his teeth & breaks into a big smile when he sees people he likes :)  Oskar is the first 'clingy' dog we've had...& we like it.  They express that they need us.

Doodles seem to talk with their eyes :)

Hurley loves to watch TV and eat popcorn.  He even has his own ottoman.  When he was little his whole body fit on it but now he lays over the ottoman with his rear legs hitting the ground.   He can really gets into some TV shows.  

Hurley is sweet, kind and gentle.  He brings a love, happiness and closeness that I have never experienced with any of my past dogs.   He is my soul mate in many ways.  Just about every morning I lay down by him and pet him while talking to him quietly.  He grunts and groans in complete contentment.  If I don't have the time to give him his morning petting he actually sulks for hours.   

He just seems so human and like a child wants attention.  The way he gently nuzzles me when he wants to eat, the way he bring his toys to me when he wants to play, the way he hops instead of running around when he is excited, the way he run/hops to get a toy whenever anyone comes to the house.  First coming to me as if to ask if is ok.  

So different than anything I have ever  experience.  

I just think doodles are very unique and special in many different ways.

Doodles bring sunshine into your day!

I've had a yellow lab in the past. I love both Orwell and her to death, but he is very different. I agree with what everyone has said. He is clingy (which I'm completely fine with) and likes to know what is going on. If you are doing something remotely interesting, he gets up from his lay down position and comes to you and looks as if he's saying, "Excuse me. What are you doing?" When I cook something for myself he doesn't leave my side. 

I can also let him off leash to play chuck it with him. And that includes letting him off with distractions. We were playing when little kids got off at their bus stop, a motorized scooter was going by, other dogs were going by, etc. Sometimes he looks at them, but he never moves. I wouldn't even THINK of doing that with my yellow lab. She loved darting out the door and exploring everything. Orwell explores, but only if I'm within a certain distance of him. What really baffles me is this guy is only 6.5 months. Just yesterday I had a woman compliment him on his good behavior and good looks while she walked by with her two small dogs. I told her his age and she was equally amazed. We let him say hi to the dogs and he was very polite, but the small dogs didn't like him. 

I definitely think it comes from his poodle side. I'm just a lot more relaxed in new situations with him due to his behavior. I know he won't leave me.

Goldendoodles are indeed unique! I am old and have owned many breeds and there is nothing like a doodle.  . . . clingy, smart, lovable and nosey, but most of all funny. Mine is a clown who makes me laugh every day even if it is his sleeping upside down. And yes, they must be the center of attention at all times. My neighbor said that she wished everyone could be as happy as my dog.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service