DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Here's a question: when did your boy doodle start acting like a "man"? Webster is almost 9 months old and still squats. He shows no interest in 'marking' or lifting his leg. I don't really care, but I am curious.........

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gunner is almost 15 months & has never hiked. He goes on many walks & is lots of places other dogs are & has never lifted his leg. He was neutered early, maybe that has something to do with it. He does sometimes pee on his paw, so not sure which is worse...hiking or peeing on yourself & having to be washed off.
About 10-11 months, and as Karen said, only on walks and not exclusively even when on walks. He is an early neuter ALD.
Timbow never lifts his leg. He was neutered early though...
Tigger, also, still squats and he is 19 months, and has a leg lifting brother.
Wilson still squats and when we are on walks he still squats even if he has smelled a tree or a hydrant. wilson will be 18 months old on the 6th of Dec. He is a beautiful 76#'s now
Well, Matey my 2 1/2 year old ALD still squats and Mr. Checkers my 8 month old GD squats as well although I have seen him doing the leaning squat (kinda looks like he is thinking about raising his leg). Everyone thinks that Matey is a girl too, because they usually call him Maddie instead of Matey (as in ahoy). Poor guy, I am going to have to get him a more masculine leash instead of the red - perhaps black leather with studs!
I had a Golden Retriever boy that NEVER lifted his leg - ever...
Chewie started marking around 4 months...we were shocked. He was neutered three weeks ago at 6 months. He still squats for "regular" peeing. LOL.
My husband took Darwin out just now and when he came back in he informed me that Darwin just peed all over his front leg... again. Can't say I'm a huge fan of his squatting habits.
Bailey, also a squatter, pees on his front leg often. If he doesn't stretch out much, the pee hits his leg. Sometimes it rolls onto his leg when he pees in a pile of leaves, which is one of his favorite places to potty.
My 11 year old lab mix started lifting his leg when he was about 8! Our 1 year old doodle and our 6 year old Springer still squat - I hope forever. All are neutered.
Gus started when was about 14 months old learned it from his brother. I laugh every time he "lifts his leg" he looks just like a balerina doing a periot his leg goes higher then the top of his head! He loses balance and switches to the other leg looking ever so proud, when he's not being a balerina he just stands with his back legs seperated and pees. With all the walks we take he has never peed or pooped except on command. He only does his business in the backyard or in his certain area at the cabin. Malibu Romp no pee no poop had to force him to pee before he got back into the car for the 3 hour drive back home. I swear he's a camel.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service