DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Since I have been a member on DK, I have learned so much useful information and a lot about members’ dogs.  I know about the illnesses that afflict some DK doodles.  I know which dogs are picky eaters and which ones have poop issues or behavior problems.  But it dawned on me, that with a few exceptions, I don’t really know much about the humans of DK.    Many of us recently stepped out of our comfort zones to post pictures of ourselves on our profiles, but there is no lasting record of that.  I know that DK members are compassionate people that are truly invested in the lives of their doodles, but what makes you tic?  Who are you when you have to step away from DK and enter the real world (the horror!!)?  So I challenge you to give us a little info about the person behind the dog. 

I’ll go first.

Name: Amy

Generation: Millennial   (http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/05/living/infographic.boomer/in...)

Birth Order: Oldest of 3 kids – the only girl

Family: Husband, no kids

Education: Purdue and DePaul

Occupation: CPA – I work as a tax analyst for a Steel Mill.  I hope to work as a Business Officer for a Public School in the near future; I want to feel like my job actually matters.

Biggest Fear:  I have a phobia of grasshoppers.  Yes, I know they don’t bite or anything but they just really freak me out.  They blend into their surroundings and when you least expect it they jump/fly around…yuck

General: super organized, sometimes impatient, a planner – not a spur of the moment type of person, shy – I much prefer to sit back and take it all in rather than be the center of attention, obsessed with details, cautious (I was going to list the craziest thing I had ever done, but then I couldn’t come up with anything so I had to leave it out!), and incredibly sarcastic – but I swear, I am NOT as boring as I sound!!

If I could have any pet (that isn’t a doodle), I would love to have:  A big fat penguin – one of those cute cartoony looking ones. 

Addiction: A new yogurt place recently opened here (called Red Mango).  You go in and fill up a cup with as much or as little yogurt/soft serve ice cream as you want and then you can top it with all kinds of great toppings (candy, cookies, fruit, choc syrup, etc).  I have become an addict, especially now that it has gotten warm outside.  I go there at least once a week, and I’m sure it will get worse before it gets better. 

Random Useless Fact About Me: I have eaten oatmeal almost every weekday morning since October 2009

Guilty Pleasure TV Show: Sister Wives -- I have no idea how I got started watching it, but now I am hooked.

Views: 3324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a famous musician/rock star/singer from the 80s, who relocated to Ohio where no one suspects someone like me to be living.       

That's about all. I love food, dogs, cats, men ( well just my husband and 2 sons).  I work a simple low-paying job by choice. I am no longer interested in success or climbing the corp ladder. I like working in the yard and wash my own dishes by  hand.  Get the picture--I'm happily bored   :)

Let me come home and play in the yard with my dog.

I eat oatmeal almost everyday too. Love the simple, out-of-box oatmeal.  I don't add milk or sugar though, which I think is the most common way folks eat oatmeal. Oh, and yes--yogurt everyday for lunch. Love the stuff.

My mother used to make yogurt and I thought it was so gross but now I want to give that a try myself.  I think it works out to .16 cents an oz!

were you serious about the 80's musician thing or are you joking?  

I add brown sugar and banana to my oatmeal.  I tried to go without the sugar one day, but just couldn't do it!  lol

I have plenty of landscaping that needs to get done, so if you are ever in the area...   :)

maybe shes waiting for someone to say HOKUM before replying?!

I do believe it is HOKUM : ) If you read her profile she may still be 21 there too : ) yup, she is. And now I see her new profile picture, which is cute, but Hokum!

Hmmm... I'd like to learn to make frozen yogurt. It's just as healthy right? he he j/k

it is healthier than icecream.  when I was in line waiting buy it the other day, I was talking to a woman who said she had recently lost almost 100 lbs and she was there buying the same yogurt that i was buying.  If she can eat it while on a diet, I figured that i was good to go.  

The frozen yogurt is usually lower in fat and calories. Otherwise, not "healthier". And you don't get the benefit of the live cultures that you get in not-frozen yogurt.

Hey! Don't burst my bubble. I am seriously addicted to that yogurt place. :)

It's fine, enjoy it. But eat it because you like it, not because it's "healthy". :)

This got me thinking. I think many bacteria can withstand freezing. Despite the fact that this fellow can't spell, note heartiness, he gives advice on live cultures in frozen yougurt.

http://tuftsjournal.tufts.edu/2008/06/professor/01/

Interesting article, but a bit overwritten. It seems to repeat basically the same information over and over again.

And, just a minor difference, I would say it's not a spelling error, but a word choice error. "Heartiness" is spelled correctly, but the word he means is "hardiness."

Thanks for posting the link! I love yoghurt of all kinds, and I do want to be sure I get the live cultures when possible.

I am a married lady for just over 30 years and am madly in love with my hubby. I met my hubby when on a whim several friends and I moved to California back in 1978 and started a job working for his father. Yes I married the bosses son. We both grew up in Michigan, in the same town and went to opposing high schools, we never met until I moved to CA. I think we were meant to be but just could not get it together until then.

We have one child, a beautiful, successful daughter married to the best man (a Dr.) we could have hoped for.

Between our two households we have 3 dogs and 1 cat, Daisy is the only doodle and I am allergic to cats so you know she is not mine.

I have worked for the same company (Alphagraphics) for the past 20 years and as the manager for the last 10 so you can call me loyal.

My idea of a good day is any day that we are all together...I cannot wait to retire. Our dream is to get a small RV and travel this beautiful country with our beautiful Daisy.

I am thankful for everything I have and do not want for much....I am happy! I am really thankful for DK where I can interact with all my favorite kind of people, fellow doodle owners.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service