DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Not  yet.  We just couldn't bare to loose this beauty.  Maybe next Sunday night?   Couch has led a meaningfull life. To just throw it to the curb after all it has done? What are we going to do?

Often on DK there are discussions that ask if you permit your doodles on the furniture.   Many of you know about Couch.  I have mentioned Couch but I try very hard not to post pictures  taken with Couch as a background.  It is embarrassing but such an important part of daily life.     I was once DARED to post a picture of the doodle Couch...... and of course I did, but it was so hard to do. 

Couch serves a good purpose. For the dogs it provides  rest, a place to stash their toys and a view to the all important outside world.    Our new baby, Starlit, loves to hide her head underneath the cushions and puppy bark.  She thinks Spud can't find her there. 

Most important--it keeps the dogs off the real furniture. They stay off our couch  :) 

But honestly-- I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! 

So here is my final tribute to Couch. 

R. I. P COUCH.  GOOD RIDDANCE. 

Teaching his sister to Squirrel Watch

The Trampoline Trick and the attack of the Giant Stuffed Easter Chick

Starlit says, "Let me try that trick, Spud"

Resting with all my new toys

Bye Bye UGLY OL' COUCH

P.S. Donations for a new Doodle Couch Welcomed

Views: 471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joanne, I know how hard it has been for you to make this decision, but it's the right thing to do. Couch has lived a long, full life and has been a loyal and devoted member of your household. But now Couch is old and shredded, and is embarrassed about its appearance. Couch needs you to end its suffering.
I know you will miss Couch terribly. You have so many wonderful memories of your time together. You may feel that you never want another Couch again. All I can tell you is, keep your heart open. No, you cannot replace Couch...but you can find another Couch to love and cherish for itself. Do not make comparisons or try to find another Couch who looks like this one. (Please!) I would go with something completely different in color, coat type, and possibly sex. You will find seating again, I promise you...it will happen when the time is right.
May your happy memories of Couch sustain you through this difficult time.
With Deepest Sympathy,
K & J
Ditto!! Just please, do not compare the new couch with the old. It just wouldn't be fair!
ROTHFLMAO!!!!!!! You just made my day!
I hope you will seriously research other Couch breeds before you commit to a new one. It is very important that you find a Couch that fits your current lifestyle and needs. Just because you had a Couch that I believe was a cousin to the Couch my grandparents had in the 70's, does not mean that you need to repeat the same mistake now.

Remember, stay away from BYBs of Couches! And don't rush to get a rescue Couch just because you see a cute picture on furniturefinder.
LOL!!! Hysterical!
I recommend making a scrapbook full of pictures of Couch. With time, you'll be able to look through that scrapbook and remember the good times with Couch, instead of focusing on the sadness you feel today.
Karen, you express all of ours deepest sympathy over the untimely loss of such a dear sweet longtime part of the family, I know there are many pictures and memories to keep couch alive in their hearts and minds. He has given his best years in performing his life long duty of being the doodle couch and he can go on now proud of the fine job he;s done.
Please accept mine and Darwin's deepest sympathies, and extend our love and support to Guinness and Starlit.
No words....only tears....I'm so sorry Joanne :(
What did couch die of? It looks so healthy! : ) RIP
I think the picture of the little doodle butts is so cute..As long as a doodle is on it you don't even notice the couch!!=)
I don't know Joanne, everyone else seems sympathetic. But I'm in PMS mode and all I can think of is...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???? Pooor COUCH! It may not have been able to do all the things other couches can do, but it still had quality of life. Sheesh...just getting rid of dear Couch because of a few cosmetic flaws. After all the years its given you. What about your KIDS? Spud and Starlit were bonding with Couch...and you just go and plan to kick it to the curb. At LEAST consider rescue.

And already planning for the next one. tsk tsk tsk. Some people!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service