DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Does your doodle have any odd routines that you find entertaining (or annoying)?

Share them!  I would love to hear about how other peoples' little creatures of habit go about their day.  Photo evidence is a plus!

Here are a few of Luna's:

- Before she goes to sleep in her own bed, she demands some cuddle time up on her bed.  She can't get up there herself, so she stands on her hind legs and paws at the covers until the skyhook (tall 2-legged dog) takes her up.

- She MUST go outside before her morning meal, but doesn't do anything.  She just stands on the deck for 5 seconds and comes back in.  (2 months and 8 months, same spot)

- Before coming all the way down the stairs, she ALWAYS sits in this spot and has to be tempted down further with the promise of play, food or interesting kitchen noises:  (4 months and 8 months.. same spot and yes - she always sits like that)

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh how cute :) Sasha "MUST" pick something up in her mouth (toy) before she goes out. When she gets to the door she must hand it over, this is every day and every time she goes out. When you lay on the floor to watch TV or play with the dogs Sasha also must sit on you, she is 45+ lbs. and sits on you like a human. Also, every time I sit at the dining room table she puts her arms around my waste and humps me !!!  Yes she does have her routines. As far as Oliver goes does not have any strange routines.. yet, he is my big boy, all he wants is lots of love and attention.

Lucy does that too.  As soon as one of us gets home Ethel runs to greet us and Lucy scrounges for a stuffed animal.  She keeps it in her mouth until I open the door, then she releases it. 

that it hilarious!

LOL! I don't think I can come up with anything like that! My spayed female thinks she is a male--she humps our other female whenever her guard is down and also does that thing males do where they scratch up the lawn with their hind legs after doing their potty time in the yard. She spent a lot of time with male Rottweilers as a pup and I think she picked that up when with them.

She also LOVES grass and has taught my other two doodles to look for the best type of grass in the yard and chomp it down. It looks like I have sheep in the yard! When I take her for a walk, she always has her eye on the side of the road for the tasty grass and will try to do a detour to get some. 

Quincy has to clean his face after he eats, usually on the couch, not cute, just annoying. The sounds he makes while he is doing it are very cute, I will have to try and get some video. Luna is just adorable, love the way she sits on the steps.
My dog does the same thing.  She sticks her muzzle in the space between the seat of the sofa/chair and the bottoms of the cushions.  She goes back and forth until her muzzle is "scratched".  This is why I am glad I feed her dry food.  This week she is on cottage cheese and rice...been cleaning her muzzle after meals, not her favorite.  I have always wanted to video behavior, but I don't have a video camera.  I hope that you can catch and capture the behavior.
Ethel does this too.  She flips all the pillows off the couch from rubbing her face under them and across the back of the couch.  WTD?
Ditto here for Harley,  runs both sides of his muzzle down the length of the sofa.
Knox does this! Loves to use the ottoman to wipe his mouth after eating! Ugh'
!
oh goodness that is adorable! i don't think Sophie Bear has any of these types of rituals, but I'll have to think about it.
If one of us sits on the foor, Phoebe will immediately stop whatever she is doing, grab a bone and come to lay on us to chew it (mind you, she rarely chews bones on a regular basis).  Also, as soon as I come down from putting away laundry upstairs, she will bring me a toy to play with her.  Interesting, because if I am upstairs for any other reason, she will not bring me the toy (how does she know this?). 
Maggie does the same thing with toys. She will go back and forth getting as many as she can, put them in a pile, gets one, and then comes to lay in our laps to chew on one. I think we are reinforcing this one because if she doesn't have a toy, she thinks our toes or knees are acceptable alternatives.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service