DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi,

Ioften read the disscussions on DK - can anyone tell me what the "zoomies" are - my doodle doesn't have them at least i don't think he does.Thanks Lesley and Ozzie. UK

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

zoomies: running around as fast as possible, usually in a slight zig-zag and/or circular manner

most often seems to occur outdoors (thank goodness)
also very often occurs when dog is wet
Totally agree!! When having too much energy, Charli just runs in huge circles are the perimeter of the yard, always jumps in any and every puddle, runs under my dwarf maple (broke off an arm), through the garden bed through the newly planted New Guinea impatiens.

But such fun watching them having such a good time!
Lilly started having the zoomies when she was a puppy, after a bath and towel dry she would run around in the living room as if someone was chasing her. She would also jump up on the chair and back down, then up on the couch and back down, and they keep doing this until they get tired...
Shelby gets the zoomies.... she will come in from the back yard and start running circles around the couch! It is adorable and comical.... Recently she got her first experience with the sprinklers in the back yard and got the water zoomies, she was running all over the place and had a great time.

I love the zoomies.... so cute! Shelby didn't start zooming... until 14 weeks or so!
We call it "puppy run" in our house....Nugget starts running wild, up and over furniture....just sheer doodle craziness, even though she's 3. It tends to happen when she's overtired....sort of like a kid who spins out of control after a long day with no nap!
I agree with the happens when they are overtired. Ours are usually around 7pm. Were much worse when they were puppies, but they do still have them. As a matter of fact they just finished for the evening. Now they are crashed until bedtime.
Yup, it's when they run around the house (or preferably outside) as fast as they can...sometimes in circles and sometimes just at random. We now have "double zoomies" because both Doodles tend to zoom together. It's almost a sure thing after they get their ears cleaned or their "breath sprayed". I'll try to get a quick video tomorrow...it's ear day anyway.
Darwin gets the zoomies after a bath too. We always lay towels down, but the water finds it's way EVERYWHERE.
Also if you are standing in the yard while the doodle has zoomies, he may cirlce very close to where you are standing (nearly knocking you over) - this is known as a "fly by." Zoomies may also include rolling with all fours in the air while biting the air or rubbing head and neck on the carpet or grass whilst propelling himself with his back legs. This as well can be performed in a circular or zig-zag pattern and is done at a high rate of speed.
Gracie Doodle gets them every time after a bath. We give her the bath outside and then she grabs her towel and zooms off. Usually in a circle around our back yard. Other times right at us, zig to one side and then circle back around. She will also do it when she wants us to play with her. She grabs something she is not supposed to have and then the chase is on. We stand in the middle of the lawn saying "you gimme that" and she runs and leaps around in circles. She will also do it around certain dogs when she wants them to play with her!!! I just love watching the Zoomies!
Bonny likes to run a very tight figure 8 pattern through the grass in the backyard -- I guess that way she doesn't get dizzy! It also includes grunting and biting at the grass.... Often done after a walk on a leash -- I guess having to behave for 45 minutes is too much to bear so she has to run around like a wild animal. So much fun to watch!
Yup, I think everyone here has explained the zoomies well. You may like to check out the video section of DK. There are lots of videos of doodles with the zoomies. =)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service