DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hey, my husband Jacob and I have been talking for a long time about making a photography e-book, and I'd love your input. I get many requests for photography help every day in many different areas, and lately it's gotten to the point where I thought it might be helpful if I put my method and tips into a book. I've been asked to offer mentoring photography sessions which are fun but for those who can't set up a session with me it seems like it could be a good option. 

My hope is to make a very high quality, affordable book that anyone who wants to get into the kind of photography that I do (portraits of family, events, pets, etc.) can purchase and find a lot of help in. I realize that there are so many books out there, and many that have helped me. I hope that this will be of personal and practical use to people though, and I do think that my approach may be slightly more approachable to some people. I'm also hoping to create bonus materials that will be available as an optional add-on to the book that will include videos illustrating me shooting, editing, setting up a shoot, etc. 

I would really love it if you could all give your feedback on what kinds of things specifically you would like to see in a book like this. Composition? Focusing techniques? Creative elements? Gear? Or more specific items? Any input is very welcome! Thanks!

Views: 161

Replies to This Discussion

I think this e-book will be great if it draws on your own experience and passion for photography.  Looking back on what I've learned since I picked up a camera less than two years ago, here is some content to consider.

Why I love photography

Getting to know your camera—the basics

Modes—aperture priority, shutter priority, manual—and when to use them

ISO--why and when it matters

Light meter/histograms--how these tools can help you get a good exposure

Focusing tools and tips

Composition Basics

RAW versus JPG

Basic Image Processing in Photoshop

Tips for photographing and processing family events, portraits, landscapes, night photography, food/still life, etc.

Ideas for breaking out of a creative slump

Resources, connections, ways to continue learning

Great ideas DJ.

Great list DJ!

I think you need to help people realize they need to learn the basics of their cameras and give them lots of encouragement.

Good point F - I definitely can't have it be a teaching manual for how to use your camera. I mean, everyone will have different cameras and in the end you can read book after book but taking out your camera and practicing yourself is the only good way to figure it all out. :-)

Absolutely but do encourage folks yo read their manual. I just had to send away for the manual for the camera I took on vacation since it didn't come with one and checking on line was a pain. these cameras are so complicated you really do need to learn them rather than just fiddling.

That is true - I guess I meant take them out and practice, with the manual in hand. :-) I know mine has been very useful.

This sounds like a perfect venture for you, Camilla. I like your ability to teach and show in an easy to understand manner.
As a rookie, I would love some easy explanations of lighting, and maybe some ideas about how to make use of cheap items people have at home that can be used to create professional looking images. Good luck!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service