DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Just an update.... I had been searching for the Les Pooch brushes which are pretty much impossible to get and after the replies on this discussion I decided to try the ActiVet brush. Some have commented that these are the same as the Les Pooch being sold under this new name... I can't say if that is the case since I have never seen the Les Pooch brush but I can say the ActiVet brush I ordered (purple) works great! I spend less then 1/2 the time brushing out Oakley last night and worked out a few mats. The cost was $40 and received it in 3 days with $5 shipping from http://www.groomershelper.com/
Brush is made in Germany, quality is good, not super heavy which make brushing out easier. If you are in the market for a brush I would recommend you giving the ActiVet a try.

Views: 2362

Replies to This Discussion

When I pull up that website, it says the cost is $65.  Did you get it on sale?  Thanks

Once you get on the site you have 2 size choices. The basic size is $40 and the wide is $65. I have a mini labradoodle so the basic size is best for me. Just be sure you chose the smaller size if you want the $40 one.

If you have a standard size doodle, you want the wide.  

It came! I ordered mine at www.furstclasslounge.co.uk
It works really well. I brushed Nimbus out in no time. And he didn't mind.
Attachments:
Did your activet brush come in a plastic case like the les pooches do?

I don't know what the packaging of the Les Poochs looks like, but yes, my ActiVet came in a plastic box. I think I threw it out, though. ;-)

How do you know which ActiVet brush you need?

I ordered the green and the red mat zapper and just got them last week. When I first placed the order a couple weeks ago, some very helpful employee from groomers helper called me to let me know that they were out of stock and would be restocked in couple days after some big grooming show in PA where the inventor of the brush would be from Germany. He also said in addition to the purple, green, red- they would also have in stock the gold and silver-which it looks like they do now on their site. I also asked him "are these REALLY the les pooch brushes relabeled?"He said yes they were.
I have to say, even though like everyone else, I've been itching to get my hands on these, I was skeptical that a brush could be that miraculous. Well indeed it is! She never lets me brush her this easily with the master grooming tool imitation. I'm a believer!

I can also say that just like you mention here, our Sophie if she saw that I had a comb she would run.  If she saw I had my Les Poochs, she would come right over and jump up on the grooming table.

I have to ask, are these brushes really all that? The difference in price with some other brands is a lot.

I can't speak for the Activet but I do have two of the original Les Poochs that the ActiVet is knocking off and the answer would be yes.  I would say though that it would depend on the type of doodle coat that you are working with.  For our AnnaBelle who is more of a loose wave it wouldn't really be necessary.  But our Lucy who has a little more of the poodle type coat it is a lifesaver.  I would say that I spent more than the cost of this brush on other brushes trying to find something that worked well.  I'd have been better off to have just bought it in the beginning.  I would also say that for those who have ended up with a shaved doodle, they would gladly now spend the 65 dollars this cost.  The other thing is that you really do have to get used to the brush once it comes.  You have to learn to line brush as well as to keep you hands out of the way of the brush because it hurts if you hit your fingers.

Dear Lucy and AnnaBelle's Mom,

I am the Inventor and Manufacturer of The Groomers Helper® Pet Safety and Positioning System and a Grooming Salon owner for over 30 years. I also used Les pooches brushes until they were unable to deliver any of us brushes about two years ago.

I brought these brushes back from Germany as I have over 50,000 Professional Groomers who use The Groomers Helper® that wanted them. We re-dressed these brushes as not to have any confusion between the two. Their colors were on the top with a black handle our colors are on the handles. They are made on the same machinery in the same factory with the same materials in Germany at ActiVet.

I am the sole distributor in the US. Les Pooches never manufactured these brushes ActiVet manufactured the brushes for them. There were ActiVet Brushes before ActiVet made Les Pooches brushes for them so who was the original?

Activet is the only manufacturer of this Original German Brush. So who is knocking off who? You can't knock yourself off. I really dislike that word and the inference.

We are a reputable company. I myself have been honored with the Cardinal Crystal Achievement for Outstanding Contribution to The Professional Pet Grooming Industry and The Barkleigh Honors Award for Outstanding Contribution to The Professional Pet Grooming Industry.

That said I would never carry a product that was a knock off or inferior. I have made these brushes available to your group at a discount to help people who have doodles and no way to get these brushes for the last two years. I hope this helps them and clears the air.

Best Regards,

Chuck Simons

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service