DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This is a pic. of Mila, a lovely doodle owned by Kim on another forum. I want my Doodleboy’s facial hair cut just like this – with the bangs appearing to give a halo-effect. What do you call this clip in the professional grooming world? I tried to describe it to my groomer today, but don’t know if she knew what I was talking about. Having a name for it would definitely help. Thanks!

Views: 298

Replies to This Discussion

At my grooming school they called it a half moon. Not all areas have the same lingo, but you could try that. Taking this pic with you would be the best way to get what you want.

Thank you, Barb! It does sort of look like a half moon. Do you know if this clip might be difficult to maintain in between 6-week groomings, as far as tangles or whatnot?

It appears to be the reindeer clip...sorry I couldn't resist. Seems a half moon is right. I think taking the picture is an excellent recommendation.

Take the picture with you to the groomers.  A picture is worth a thousand words.

Ok, thank you, everyone! I like the name "Reindeer Clip", lol! I'll take the pic. with me on the next grooming.

Keep in mind that the head band that the antlers are on is what is giving this look.  If the head band were off the halo would be blending in with the ears and top of the head.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. I've been having Zeus groomed in a Bouvier clip these days, but am not happy with the bangs. I'll see if my groomer can get creative and try to give him this halo-effect ... hopefully without the antlers, though they do look adorable on Mila. Thanks for your reply!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service