DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

A neighbor of mine said a friend of hers has their goldendoodles cut into a schnauzer pattern.  How does this look on doodles?  Anyone ever had it done?  Would love to see pics...she said they only do it in the summer time.

Views: 1066

Replies to This Discussion

That is a really interesting thought. I've seen doodles cut into a setter type cut, and it is attractive. The Schnauzer type cut could be cute too I think, although the ears would be different because doodle's ears don't perk up like a Schnauzer's. Anyways, I will search for pictures online, but haven't found any so far. I hope someone else does!

That's funny and it might just work for doodles. When I was at grooming school the schnauzer cut was the teacher's favourite so she tried to get every client with a mixed breed to get one instead of a teddy bear cut.

She thought the dogs looked more intelligent.

I don't know if I could shave the ears and head that close, but other areas have similarities. The stovepipe legs, beard and mustache all work. Not sure about the eyebrows though.

I give my girl schnauzer 'Smudgie" a bit softer cut than the military traditional one. I like her eyelashes left longer and her beard not quite as square.

IMHO....I like Doodles cut like Doodles in all the various "Doodle" type cuts. My girls are totally different. I could cut Yindi to look like a Poodle without a docked tail, but I don't. A lot of people think Yarra is a Briard. I saw a Doodle at the Malibu Doodle Romp last year that was shaved on it's entire body except for the ruff (sp) where it was very full and the dog looked like an embarrassed lion. It was so ugly.

To each their own, but I'll take Doodles looking like Doodles.

Oh man - I saw a doodle cut almost like that at the dog park last weekend... shaved everywhere except the head and tail.  It looked pretty funny!  It would have looked fine except I don't think they even groomed its face... so it was all neatly cut on the body but the head was a mess.

If I were to guess, I would say the cut would look like the way my sister cuts her goldendoodle, Charlie.  Here are a couple pictures I found showing what I would consider Charlie's "schnauzer 'do".  What you can't see is that Charlie has a strip of uncut hair down his backbone.  Let's just say that my sister is a creative groomer  - btw, she is on DK and probably has other pics on her page.  Charlie is my Webster's (the goofy looking doodle) best bud (besides Charlotte) and these pics were taken about 1 1/2 yrs ago.  My cousin has her goldendoodle cut in the setter cut & he looks quite stunning (if you like setters :-) ).

Adorable and IMHO, he looks like a Doodle with a really short cut.
Okay, my sister has better pics on her page.  The name is Amanda Rodgriguez and she has some great picture of Charlie and his "style" (which to me is very schnauzer-ish).

Why would you cut your dog to look like another breed??  I don't get it!  If you want it to look like a Schnauzer, buy a Schnauzer!!  If you have a doodle, they should look like a doodle.

You don't buy a dog because of their "look" you buy a dog because the personality fits your lifestyle.  I like trying new haircuts with Chaucer.  It's fun.  It doesn't really matter what he looks like.  He's going to be the same goofy, loving boy he's always been.

I'm more conservative on my doggy 'dos but my sister alway has lots of fun with Charlie.  She even shaved him but left a giant bow-tie on his chest for an upcoming wedding.  Your Chaucer reminds me of Charlie - maybe they can share the same hairstyles :-)
I choose my dogs for BOTH reasons.  I think doodles are gorgeous AND the type of breed that fits my wants in temperament.  If I didn't think it was adorable I wouldn't choose a breed.  And no matter how gorgeous, if the personality/working style didn't suit me I wouldn't choose the breed either.  I agree that a haircut is a haircut and should fit your preferences.  I think it's fun to see breeds in cuts that aren't breed specific. 
I say to each their own here. I put bows in my girls' hair and sometimes people give me a lot of teasing or flack over it. Slides right off my back. LOL!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service