DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

A Goldendoodle/Labradoodle breeder in Florida, has notified her customers that having your dog take one Fish Oil Capsule daily will give them a very beautiful shiny coat. It kinda makes sense but I

have not tried it with my puppy. I may wait until he is older to try-has anyone else heard of this or

tried it? I wonder if it makes dogs burp like it does some people?

Views: 181

Replies to This Discussion

Fish oil, particularly salmon oil, is highly recommended by my vet. I buy the pump bottle as there is some question as to whether dogs can digest the outside of human capsules. If ever I feed capsules of fish oil, I poke a hole in the capsule first.
We give Misty one wild caught salmon oil capsule, with a pin hole in it, daily.  Great for Omega 3s!  If I understand correctly, in order to get the omega 3s it needs to be wild caught Salmon oil.
My vet said to give Teddy a vitamin e tablet every day. Has anyone ever heard of this?

I heard the same thing and that it also helps to produce healthier hair that won't have as much of a tendency to matt.  I just started giving Ginger 1/4 tsp each day of Wild Deep Sea Salmon oil.  It's only been a week and don't notice anything yet, but didn't expect to.  So far no burping.

I've also started using the homemade lemon spray - Ginger's hair is definitely softer but it only seems to last a day.  I'm not sure if I should be spraying her fur daily.

~Cathie

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service