DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Reggie is one big mat and is having a shave down tomorrow ( by a groomer).. He is 16 months and his last one was last summer, with a trim in January. He looks like a sheep with very dense fur that is curly at the roots. I can't fight the long coat any more so need advice on the look to aim for so it will grow in cute and fluffy. Should the face, head and tail be left longer and if so, what look should I aim for so he does not look like a poodle. His head, face and ears are not matted. Thanks..I love the scuffy look but resigned to a different manageable look from now on.

Thanks

Views: 273

Replies to This Discussion

There's my cute Litttle Ned!!! Gracie says hi...see you on Saturday!!! xo
Can't wait to celebrate his birthday with you and Gracie!
wow with this haircut ned and duncan really do look so similar. I just love that first pic where he's carrying his "bone"
These pups are sooo cute. I thank you all for helping me understand the doodle look. I will be sure the face, snout and beard are only trimmed. Reggie's face is very curly, not like these pups, but the fullnes can still be there so he does not look like a poodle.
How do you brush your pups without them eating the brush? R will not let me do it..
Here is 12 month old dog with a longer coat. At 16 months I gave her this short cut to handle the end of the coat change. She has a thick curly coat that spirals when long and springs up when short. The ears are cut short all the way from top to bottom and blended into the head. The muzzle is left full to get away from the classic poodle look. I also make a very slight definition between 'muzzle' and 'head' .

Barb, do you call this pup's coat fleece or wool or a combo. I think Ned's coat is quite similar.
Handsome pup..love his color too.
This is Regige's coat..curly.Does the coat change at 16 months?
Some do. I think Ned's is mostly the same but looks straighter because it is longer. He is pretty curly on his neck, under his ears and on his legs and paws.
What a beauty!
Terri Harwood's Kramer looks exactly like Reggie.Check him out!
http://www.doodlekisses.com/profile/TerriHarwood?xg_source=profiles...
Yes..they could be twins. I can not get over the resemblance. Their first shave was an identical poodle look but now he is like a teddy bear again. Have you shaved/cut him since? If so, how do you keep that look? I appreciate any advice.
His groomer comes in a hour and I am looking forward to a mat free dog but will not like the "new look". I just need to figure out how to maintain a nice coat as I am not good art brushing. I will never let him get that bushy again as it just does not work when they get wet an matted. Looking at your pics reminds me he will grow back. I will keep you posted.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service