DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My Georgia is almost 16wks old and I have to start thinking about her first groom.

I do want to do it myself. Zero experience I should add.

I am clueless in general about this, but even more confused when I watch the videos and the dogs don't have anything close to her coat.

Her torso has a completely different coat than her legs and chest. It's coarser, it's super thin, and the hair grows in lots of different directions. Is this just a puppy coat? 

So far she doesn't shed if that helps. But when I use the flea comb to groom her I do get some hairs/fur in the comb. (Yes a flea comb. I may have to go and get something a tad coarser but it works better than the nice expensive brush and comb that I ordered online--way too coarse to do any good.)

Any advice? Here are a couple pictures that show her coat. They were taken 2 days ago. She's a great dog and this isn't a complaint, just need advice cause I really don't know what I'm dealing with and how it fits into the spectrum of coats described in the main page of this group.

Views: 424

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks she's pretty special. I'm even more grateful that she has a wonderful disposition.

She is gorgeous! Looks like her back has the Labrador Retriever coat structure and the rest of her body is more plush. Could be that the back will shed eventually (after the puppy coat shedding), could be that is doesn't, but the change in coat structure will probably get more evident as the coat grows longer. I would recommend grooming her with a clipper and attachment combs, to even out the coat. The 22 or 19 mm comb will give her a puppy look every time, but you will need to cut her legs and head with thinning scissors to keep her natural and fluffy looking. You will be able to find more Doodle grooming info on my site and even online Doodle grooming workshops in time, when the site is ready. For inspiration you can take a look on my Doodle Comfort FB page. There are a lot of photo's from my Doodle grooming workshops there. Good luck! xxx

Thanks for the tip!. This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service