DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Sage's new groomer used Show Sheen as a leave in conditioner. Wow! No mats. Just soft fleecy fur. Show Sheen is like Cowboy Magic and The Stuff. It is remarkable stuff. And our little girl is so much more comfortable. If your dog is plagued by mats Show Sheen might be worth a try.

Views: 232

Replies to This Discussion

how long has it been since she was groomed
Hi Kendra,..it's been about 4 weeks. By now she would have had mats..she doesn't like to be brushed and I have to really work on her to get her brushed usually. Show sheen has been much much easier.
Did she put it in while Sage was still wet or once she was all done? I have some Magic Sheen here that I will try out - might be the same stuff but I found it in the horse department. It's quite watery and milk white.
I am guessing when she was wet as a leave in conditioner. She came out curly not like she used to at the other groomer...which was like an overgrown Pomeranian...lol Your Magic sheen sounds quite similar...Show Sheen is also for horses - as we see from the post re the Absorbine website.
Does it have an oily or greasy residue on the hair that might rub off on furniture or carpet???
No residue that would come off on anything.
I found this info at www.absorbine.com/products

As the world's #1 selling hair polish, ShowSheen® is uniquely-formulated to provide the serious horse owner with an unsurpassed multi-purpose grooming aid. It coats each hair shaft to keep manes and tails tangle-free, while its conditioning action reduces static fly-aways. The coat becomes smooth and sleek, accentuating the body tone and definition. It also repels dust, dirt, and stains, protecting your grooming job and keeping your horse cleaner longer. Using ShowSheen can reduce grooming time by as much as 80%. In fact, ShowSheen has been recognized as the best equine grooming aid on the market for more than a quarter of a century. See why more horses have won ribbons with ShowSheen than any other grooming product in the world.
Sounds like great stuff but horses don't usually sit on our sofas...lol. I have a very strange feeling it has a greasy or oily feel to it. ???????????????????????
No grease or oil at all...very fresh smellling too.
I prefer Cowboy Magic, Horse Mane and Tail Detangler. The Stuff just doesn't do it as far as I am concerned. I am open to trying Show Sheen though so thanks.
Mane and Tail for one doesn't do it for me either but it also doesn't do it for Spud. I have tried to use it on Spud and he growls with M&T, ERRRRR I just can't see using it if he hates the smell. That's what I assume.
I remember you commenting about this before. I can't smell any odor with the M&T but I am sure Spud detects it! Probably smells like Horse sweat. tee hee. I just ordered the Stuff from Kemp when I got my new purple LesPouchs brush. I don't think it does the job at all and like M&T better for overall spraying and saving the Cowboy Magic for problems. My groomer swears by Bed Head but I don't know if she means dog BH or people BH and if people BH, which one. Next time Ned is groomed, I will find out and give it a try. Then on to the Show Sheen experiment.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service